What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynd The King View Post
Why dont you just put the Kitty Kat in the sale. End of problem.
This is actually not the problem, as it is not only about Kat skin. But about ALL limited skins. Allowing 1 skin through is not the point. In essence penalizing new players has always been a pet peeve of mine. What did I do or all other newer players do to be treated so differently? Why the punishment of not being able to get that which we want, again in a virtual world where "value" is subjective and has no true meaning?

TerraRising

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.
Hippalus, do you read what is suggested or do you just glance for certain words? You're responding to something I didn't say.

However, on that point, allowing people to sell these skins would just create an Diablo 3-like auction system, further creating a bunch of angry customers when they're outbid and exacerbating your problems.

EDIT: Or at the very least have the art department re-create a new set of these skins, with some differences, and market those. It's not fair to punish new players over this.

ATastyDessert

11-23-2012

The 50% off on the rune pages, will it be for RP or IP? Also, the bundle of rune pages, will those be on sale too? This is assuming you guys decide to do that of course.

Emailsupport007

11-23-2012

pulse fire ezreal a legacy sikn?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-23-2012
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoE434 View Post
Hipp, Is there any way that riot will do 3 of the 6 above? or just a max of 2
Yes, if the voting is close, we will err on the side of doing more rather than less. Option #5 is tracking closely at this point as well, especially since the edit.

Amariithynar

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
This is actually not the problem, as it is not only about Kat skin. But about ALL limited skins. Allowing 1 skin through is not the point. In essence penalizing new players has always been a pet peeve of mine. What did I do or all other newer players do to be treated so differently? Why the punishment of not being able to get that which we want, again in a virtual world where "value" is subjective and has no true meaning?
Exactly.

@Hippalus, has the topic of whether it's fair to the large portion of players who never heard of the game in its first year (It was rather small) that can't buy any of the 2010 year Limited skins (which, arguably, are some of the most popular) every occured in the Riot offices before? Yes, when the playerbase was smaller, it was a reasonable promise, but considering the explosion of popularity, would it not be fair to render them legacy instead of just limited?

Seros WindRunner

11-23-2012

If they keep voming back they are no "Legacy" ~.~

violetsandpiper

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
I think it's pretty fair that the old holiday skins were sold as a one time thing. You weren't there so why should you get them? There are a couple skins from that time that I would love to have but at the time I didn't play the game, even though people told me that I should, and it's my problem that I wasn't able to get them. I like the idea of exclusive skins for supporting the game at that time.

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ratz View Post
Why not create new limited edition skins. If I am not mistaken the last skins from an event became legacy, thus they can come back. If new limited edition skins came out, people who want something people can't get after would be satisfied.

I myself really wish I had some of the older limited edition skins, but I know that I can never get one and that's why I want it so much.

Also, with an ever rising number of champions, do you think future events could have a greater variety of champions with featured thematic skins? Just looking at harrowing for the last three years, the number of skins have continually decreased while the amount of champions increased.
iirc They said that once the legacy system went into place, they'd never create any more limited skins other than event (physical event) skins. Which would be another "commitment". Which also fits, since the only two they've had since have been Riot Graves (Convention Skin) and Championship Riven (WC Event Skin)

Pedja11

11-23-2012

good guy hip