What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0rter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
That makes zero sense.

When the skins were sold they were sold with the promise that they would NEVER be for sale again. People bought them with that in mind. You cannot reverse that nor can you reclassify them without going back on that promise.

If Riot simply wanted to make some extra money they'd do it in a heartbeat, but the company has integrity.

Also, consider this. 90% of you who want Limited Edition skins want them BECAUSE they're rare. If everyone had Kitty Katarina she wouldn't be nearly as alluring as she is.
Ever consider that some people don't care about rarity and just want to get a chance at acquiring something they want? And the only reason they are rare is BECAUSE they are not being sold anymore. I also almost NEVER see any Ltd skin being used in games, making them truly rare indeed. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.
If you implement a system with no control from Riot in any way where skins will just get artificially inflated in price then don't do it. I guess we who were unfortunate enough to start playing this game are just stuck holding the short stick, as always. Just sell them. Abolish Limited as a concept on virtual goods. Unless Riot wants to go Blizzard rout and have a RMAH. I am jumping ship if that ever happens.

Stark Midnight

11-23-2012

Quote:
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.
Well one thing is for sure, this is a much better idea then the 2k upvote xD. Will this include being able to trade skins for limited edition skins or can you only trade rp for them. And what exactly are the plans to stop hackers and scammers (people who lie their account was hacked) to exploit this system.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

It's pretty clear that there's 3 choices that players want to see.

Can we just have a combo sale to make everyone happy?

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
There's a part of me that's torn about this.

One side of me says "So what? That's the market, and if people are willing to pay it, that's on them."

The other side of me says "Better make sure the current owners keep their integrity. Would hate to see the principles they've lauded the entire time thrown out the window just for some hypocritical profits to them"

NetoBaiano9

11-23-2012

@Hippalus

Rusty Blitzcrank is out of list? Why?

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

it's annoying because I had no interest in these skins, but now that they are worth 5000 rp? whoops got burned.

Eat Orange Be K

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
I still find it odd that Riot sticks to that commitment so hard, yet refuses (so far) to do more to fix the toxicity generated by pre-game trolls...
Different issues, different resolutions, different departments, etc. etc. etc.

Trynd The King

11-23-2012

Why dont you just put the Kitty Kat in the sale. End of problem.

KrackProphet

11-23-2012

Do rune pages. Only thing worth buying for everyone.

Jixson

11-23-2012

Quote:
Dear Summoners,

Missed the limited period sales of Harrowing skins last year? Just joined LoL this year? Worry no more! Here we are bringing some of the most wanted legacy skins back to you! And, you get to decide which ones will be back for SALE!

Simply vote for the ones you want to bring back before 1200 27 Nov, and top 5 choices will be on sale @ 70%, 60%, 50%, 40% and 30% off respectively from 1200 30 Nov to 2359 3 Dec!
This is what I asked support in a ticket once. Why Garena and other places have "Limited" skins almost always available, or bring them back regularly. They told me they won't come back, no reason why other regions still have them.

Explain that to me Riot.