What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stone Ocean

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.
What if the players themselves think otherwise? Years ago you made a commitment, yes, but what does the fanbase think now?

Would it hurt to ask, at least?

Stark Midnight

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
Then declare them "legacy" skins and release them in the future.

Sorry, but a handful of angry gamers will not override the support of the millions of others who missed out because they hadn't heard of League of Legends until recently. I would gather that the more than 35 million summoners who have joined the League worldwide would appreciate the opportunity.
You're a fool, i don't own a single limited edition skin but once a company goes back on their word i consider them worthless and wont support them. If their word amounts to trash then how can i trust anything they say?

This does not apply to something like game mechanics where it has to be changed, when they sold the skin they said they would be limited. This is all that matters. People like you who just choose whatever choice that benfiits you are pathetic.

FossaFerox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
That makes zero sense.

When the skins were sold they were sold with the promise that they would NEVER be for sale again. People bought them with that in mind. You cannot reverse that nor can you reclassify them without going back on that promise.

If Riot simply wanted to make some extra money they'd do it in a heartbeat, but the company has integrity.

Also, consider this. 90% of you who want Limited Edition skins want them BECAUSE they're rare. If everyone had Kitty Katarina she wouldn't be nearly as alluring as she is.

Edit:

This doesn't hold true for Legacy skins since Legacy was DEFINED as skins that would be available again periodically but not available all the time. Some of the Legacy skins are the best (or in some cases, the only good) skins for that champ.

Safari Caitlyn is a good example. Only skin she has where she doesn't look like a stripper or an 80s movie communist.

murlocmancer

11-23-2012

Six probably has liike 500 votes that were built on false hope.

Maybelle Starr

11-23-2012

75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault)
\o/

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-23-2012
10 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:

Sorry, but a handful of angry gamers will not override the support of the millions of others who missed out because they hadn't heard of League of Legends until recently. I would gather that the more than 35 million summoners who have joined the League worldwide would appreciate the opportunity.
We are working on ways that players who own Limited Edition skins like Kitty Kat Katarina can sell them to players who don't. There are several challenges with implementing this kind of system, one of which is that demand will be much higher than supply, which could mean prices of 5,000 RP for some of the rarer skins.

TOP10 ELO

11-23-2012

If that last option wins i just hope they put on sale trash skins like:
Crimson Akali, Nightmare Cho'Gath, Nottingham Ezreal, Toxic Dr. Mundo

so i can laugh on these greedy kids

Buffy Wayne

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamusss View Post
be prepared when you'll release the trade system that some limited skin will sold and bought for over 1000$. basically no-one will buy legacy or regular skin ever, people will learn in long term that it is just a noob trap that doesnt increase their skin value over time.
Agree.

I think that Riot should ensure that Legacy skins can back in sale one more time only.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-23-2012
11 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
Six probably has liike 500 votes that were built on false hope.
I am tracking the votes between #4 and #6 since I added the addditional clarity to the post. They are tracking very closely since then, which likely means both will be included in the sale event.

Amariithynar

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Riot made a commitment years ago to the players that bought them that it would not create additional copies of Kitty Kat Katarina and other Limited Edition skins. We would obviously love to sell them to new players, but despite what you might hear frequently in GD, greed does not drive decisions at Riot.
I still find it odd that Riot sticks to that commitment so hard, yet refuses (so far) to do more to fix the toxicity generated by pre-game trolls...