Kick People who are AFK or DC in Champ Select in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-22-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Devega View Post
Why not make the game kick someone when they "Hard Random"? If the client is able to identify when someone is forced to lock in whether they're connected or not, then those who would have hard randomed from a connection issue could be exempt from the half hour re-queue. Those who hard random with no connection issue are kicked out for the full half hour penalty... they signaled they were ready to be involved in the game.

I see entirely too much of people leaving the game to hard random them in because someone chose their lane or they want someone to leave so they can play with a friend, but also when someone goes afk during champ select. All three of these things should probably be avoided... would this solution be possible/probable?
I will see if I can remove "hard random" early next year. I have already received the technical design doc from our beloved game designers. I was supposed to make improvement on that section of code this year, but I spent all the time working on platform work for our new Twisted Treeline remake, Matchmaking and Elo system upgrades and various other more important things. Can't give you the exact date on when this will happen next year, but I will try my best

Vigilance Prime

11-22-2012

Thanks for your responses lately RiotKiddington it has been refreshing

SirLanik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I will see if I can remove "hard random" early next year. I have already received the technical design doc from our beloved game designers. I was supposed to make improvement on that section of code this year, but I spent all the time working on platform work for our new Twisted Treeline remake, Matchmaking and Elo system upgrades and various other more important things. Can't give you the exact date on when this will happen next year, but I will try my best
Please don't remove hard random! I love playing with a group of my friends and us all hitting random. SUPER FUN!

I understand the whole not wanting to get trolled thing, but I LOOOOOVE hitting random. Especially when I proceed to trounce with the champion. XD

Ramenhaus

11-22-2012

Thank-you, RiotKiddington. I hope something is done about this ASAP.

I've seen you in other forums say, "ideally people start behaving more responsibly". This will never happen unless you incentivize it. All it takes is ONE person to ruin a game for NINE others.

A Master Shaco

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniker View Post
Please don't remove hard random! I love playing with a group of my friends and us all hitting random. SUPER FUN!

I understand the whole not wanting to get trolled thing, but I LOOOOOVE hitting random. Especially when I proceed to trounce with the champion. XD
Hard Random isn't when you choose a random champion with the ? selection, It's when you don't pick at all, and the game picks for you.