I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We have few ideas that we are working on. What I really hope is to promote people to think critically on implications of their suggestions.
I belive that Good tool for this would be if players could choose what frequency of reports against their teamamtes is acceptable, and filter out those who have it higher.

Everyone is getting some invalid reports , and reports for them playing bad games, and this is happening in about eaven % of games played in case of players that are not toxic.

Those who are toxic have a higher amount of reports targeted against them.
If i could myself set amoutnt of reports/ game that i consider acceptable for my team i could myself find a comfortable balance betwen avoiding bad players and short queue time.

Another benefit from this system would be that players that ARE toxic would have longer queue time, which would be "soft" punishment, without banning them, as banning is bad solution.
And mind that everyone would have an option to just set this filter to not do anything and just have a queue as it is now.I dont see any bad points in this adition to solo queue.

Would love to hear what riot thinks about this solution.

JemiloII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

i just play with the trolls, waiting 20 minutes and surrendering is more enjoyable than not playing for 30 minutes. I just focus on farm practicing and KDA ratios.

Felstag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ransom View Post
This is increasingly frustrating.. 3 ranked games in a row I've had to dodge because of trolls. Just now, the one game that I decide to play top, everyone but me calls jungle in champ select. They get into an argument about who's getting it, and now there are 3 players with smite, no mid and no support. Nobody wants to dodge "Feed game".. yeah no thanks. I've worked way too hard to lose my elo to these toxic players. If we had a vote-to-kick feature, this problem would have been helped.. but instead I have to dodge and they get rewarded with an instant requeue.. and who gets punished? probably the next team they get.

So how about punishing these toxic players before they can ruin the game? Like how about a kick from everyone in a ranked game: the toxic player gets stamped with the 30 - 60 minute time ban.
Fine, just switch it back to the losing ELO! Would that make you happy? No wait! Yay!

Galgus

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Have you considered the implications of a vote kick system in champion select, and what kind of potential situation(s) it will create if such system exist?
The downside of that solution would be unjust kicks in champion select.

Close-minded meta sheep might kick anyone filling a role with a slightly unconventional pick, and thus stifle creativity.

There is also the problem of people grouping and gang-kicking or just demanding that someone fill a role or get kicked.

(My personal standard for role filling- If you aren't flexible enough to cover multiple roles for your team, you don't get to demand a role for someone else.)

Viperious

11-22-2012

How would adding a vote-to-kick option help with the OP's example? 3 trolls on one team and vote-to-kick doesn't work. Of course that's just that example, it definitely will help when there is only 1 troll.

Jamvert

11-22-2012

The kick feature sounds like it would have a lot of potential for abuse.

People could use it to bully other players ("Taric support or we kick", "No Kog'Maw. Ezreal or we kick.) or if someone doesn't get the lane they want they might try to stir people up to kick someone else over nothing, just so they can try to get their desired lane without having to wait 30mins. I think at a very minimum, a kick system would need to come with audits, where Riot would randomly inspect a percentage of the kicked games, and bans people who kicked abusively.

Also, people threatening to kick each other right from the champion select might increase the amount of jerkiness present in games.

I think a better system would be getting the pregame chats into the tribunal. Yes, if people dodge, pregame jackassery will go unreported, but people won't always dodge, especially if they know they can reported afterwards.

Dead Ransom

11-22-2012

Yes, of course I have thought of the consequences of a Vote-to-Kick feature.. the other day, I was forced into waiting 2 or 3 hours to get an actual team, and while waiting I had all of that time to think about this. So I thought of something else.. when you have to dodge, there could be an option to send the champ select chat log to riot with a report on the toxic player and the reason for the dodge. This would not only help to begin to mend the situation, but allow the tribunal to catch what the game chat log doesn't.

Skaed

11-22-2012

I think a vote-kick system before the game would be reasonable, with the following parameters:

1. Ranked only
2. Very limited number of times you can use it. Once a week, maybe? Once every 10-15 games?
3. 4/5 votes required, counts towards everyone's vote kick tally.
4. In the case of a duo-queue, 3/5 required, can boot both duo-queuers.
5. Kicked player gets either a (shorter) timer before they can requeue or a tribunal report so others can review whether he deserved it.

The benefits would outweigh the disadvantages in my opinion. If someone is doing something so bad that 4 players on the team are ready to boot him before it begins, knowing that they won't be able to do it again for quite a while, the likelihood is high that he deserves it. Subpar picks alone probably won't be enough for everyone to want to burn their vote kick. Riot could keep an eye on cases where the votekicking appears abusive, but a limited implementation like this should keep abuse to a minimum.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-22-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?

Arctic Bro

11-22-2012

Operater?
like the matrix?

123456 ... 12