[1000th win] Hello there, Creative Team! Care to join us for my birthday?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

So, here I am, joining the '1000th win' trend on this very Lore Forum. Right now, I have 999 Normal wins on my one and only account that I have been using for almost three years now.

The road here sure was bumpy, and yet thoroughly enjoyable - back then, when I discovered this game in March 2010, on Ezreal's release, I didn't even think that I would devote myself to this game and its community for such a ridiculously huge amount of time. League of Legends followed me from my difficult times up until now, and the longer I stuck with it, the more I came to like it.

Some two years ago, I found out about the existence of this awesome, but somehow very obscure forum section, and frequented it ever since. Here I saw the first (and greatest) generation of League of Legends roleplays, and was just in time to hop on the ride. Many good things were had - official Roleplaying, numerous Judgements, Journals, Lore answer threads, and the list goes on and on. It won't be an exaggeration to say that this subsection is the most civil and the most enjoyable place on the LoL boards, and that's why I am here, now, typing this.

Of course, the times have changed, and we're going through a rough period of Lore 'starvation', where a lot of old Lore fans become frustrated and depressed; but no matter what, I remain optimistic, since I know that things change, and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Many familiar faces left here, but a lot of new and friendly ones have appeared.

And surely, none of this would have been possible if not for Riot Games' Creative Team, who wrote all of this wonderful stuff that we sometimes praise and sometimes complain about, sometimes awe at and sometimes pass by, discussing and reliving it every day. No matter what - it's a success.

So, as I said in the beginning, this is an invitation to you guys, Creative Team - come and play with me, and maybe some Lore forumites for my 1000th win, on 26th November, which is, coincidentially, my 20th birthday.
We'll play and chat, and just do fun things! I am posting this five days in advance because I live in Europe, and my timezone is 10 hours off from Riot - I don't know the schedules you guys have, but I sincerely hope that we can arrange this somehow. Most probably it's going to be in the morning, 9AM or later, but feel free to make suggestions - I will be in the client chatroom 'Sanctuary'.

Also, anyone else who sees this thread, feel free to join us!

Cheers!

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

You are the guys from "The Lore that You Diserve" Thread, i love you

Here's to some red appearing and joining you

Renekton Bot

11-21-2012

Happy Birthday!

As the newly-elected president of Riot Games I would be happy to join you, provided I get done with Wednesday's awful tasks by then.

Filthy Animals

Network Ops Technician

11-21-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Creative team go!

Sylph

Emissary of the League

11-21-2012

Let me know if you guys have any spots open

Paradoxors

11-23-2012

Love to join but i'm still in the 300-400 win mark

Edit: And would completely ruin the game by my sucky playing

AskKarthus

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendarth View Post
Love to join but i'm still in the 300-400 win mark

Edit: And would completely ruin the game by my sucky playing
You are not alone.

1Eredale

11-25-2012

Thanks for the posts guys. It's coming up now - it's already quarter past midnight of 26th in my country, so after I get some sleep and get home from my university (still haven't decided if I should go or not), I'll be waiting on you. Sanctuary ingame chatroom, don't forget

1Eredale

11-26-2012

Know it's a doublepost, but what the heck, might as well post while I got the chance - I'll be watching my client now.

...Though it should be about quarter past seven in the morning in LA, so a little early here, haha.

1Eredale

11-27-2012

And yes, I have 1k now! That was a great birthday, and great games!

Thank you again, everyone who participated, it was awesome!