@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-21-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidapple View Post
The criteria for wipe needs to change somehow, people will read the announcement about the summoner name wipe and will just log in into their inactive smurf accounts to play a game to avoid the wipe.

I too would offer much more money than the actual rename price to get the summoner name I'm well known under and have been using for years.
The point of the wipe is to free up names from players who no longer play the game. Smurfs that hold names just to troll is another issue entirely. I'm not sure how big of an issue it is, but if it is significant, we will solve it eventually.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT - I'll make a new thread for this later today. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
Officially a Chinese company! Grats. Move your office out of America now please.

Chrisberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
Why would they be immune? I'm fairly certain the last wipe was in 2011.
I believe the last wipe had the same criteria, inactive accounts level 5 or below would be wiped. The upcoming wipe would not touch these accounts at all since they are at least level 6 from the previous wipe if they wanted to camp that name.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-21-2012
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Talakki View Post
Is there ever any possibility of wipes not having a level limit? I ask because the name I'm interested in is taken by a level 30 account that only has two games played in the last two years.
The reason for the level limit is to avoid punishing people who put a lot of time into their account but stopped playing for some reason that is temporary. If they truly abandon the account, we will get to them eventually.

Thlng One

11-21-2012

Wow this is really upsetting to hear that there will be no Black Friday sale this year. Was intending to buy $40 of RP. Why are so many things being overlooked this year that was available last year. ex. No Halloween Summoners Rift map and now Black Friday deals. Yes granted you say there will be a big sale in January but what in the world would posses it be on a random month instead of a day that is intended to have sales?

Colors

11-21-2012

I have a question:

Why are all champion names level 6?

Why doesn't Riot want us to have names like Ahri, Akali etc?

Youkai Ningen

11-21-2012

Quote:
The Summoner Name Change cleanup and sale will be announced next week and will be live in mid December. We were hoping to get it done this week, but there are a lot of names, and some added complexity compared to last year.

All accounts which are level 5 or below and have not played a game in 2012 will lose their summoner name....
Aww the account name I'm interested in is a level 6 that hasn't played any games.

Thlng One

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHUEAHUEAHUEA View Post
Officially a Chinese company! Grats. Move your office out of America now please.
Near the truth here. Asian countries get far more benefits than we do in the U.S.

Edit: And it's not like it's hard to make a sale of skins/champs that have not been in their cycle for a long time.

"If they are popular skins, they will sale a lot just due to the popularity of sales. Also, they are digital goods so there is 0 cost involved in lowering their price (i.e. no manufacturing or distribution costs; 100% of the price is in their creation)" (Reddit user).

Eavens

11-21-2012

Quote:
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT - I'll make a new thread for this later today. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
It would be nice of these following skins went on sale:
Jurassic Kog'Maw
Dragonslayer Vayne
Iron Solari Leona
Dragon Trainer Lulu

It's not likely that a newly released Legendary skin would go on sale, but it's for hoping. Either way, looking forward to the sale! ^^

Strato5

11-21-2012

plz im not able to get rp
plz make it have an ip value