@Red Summoner Names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golbat

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT - I'll make a new thread for this later today. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
Pretty sure we'd all like the legacy skins that usually come on Black Friday. This really isn't that surprising seeing the whole "We aren't planning to make 1350 a usual thing" and the "Not every champ will be 6300" eCommerce isn't really looking good.

Zeninth

11-21-2012

It is disappointing no Black Friday sale. Isn't it the busiest shopping day in the year for Americans? It's kinda a blunder on Riot's part then to not take advantage of it. Even though they are busy planning S3 I really don't think it's that hard to pick a bunch of skins and champs and put them at 75% off.

I guess getting the person who's responsible for posting announcements to write up another sale and inserting an image is way too much work...

Well it's Riot's loss more than ours. Now all you Americans can spend your money in store for Black Friday sales and not on this game

greatTUSHII

11-21-2012

i had like to see some of the old skins come back for sale as i was not able to get them during when they were available as i was new to game and had no idea about them

Eat Orange Be K

11-21-2012

Quote:
When there is a change in precedence set in previous years, could this by chance be communicated earlier than a couple days before the expected event?
This.

SO VERY MUCH THIS.

I have been excited about a lot of the changes in eCommerce as a whole within League. Some I liked, some I didn't, but that's to be expected. However, the only thing that I find as a customer actually upsetting in the whole of it is that communication seems to be getting worse and worse about these kind of things, despite people mentioning every time that it's a problem.

Honestly, we should not be telling you that we don't want things sprung on us. It should be a given. You don't even have to have a business degree or work in marketing. I'm determined that half these situations could have been fixed by grabbing a random intern in the hallway and asking for just a common sense answer.

Really, the lines of communication need to be fixed.

Extremely Vile

11-21-2012

For the sale in January, I'd like to see 6 of the 6300 Champions on sale that week. Tuesday of whichever week the sale is scheduled for, have three on sale (as per usual) and then Friday when the sales change, have three more 6300s on sale (new sales, as per usual, but strictly 6300 champions all week).

As far as skin sales go, do one of two things:
Bring back select skins like Kitty Cat Katarina, Crimson Akali, UFO Corki, Dragon Knight Mordekaiser, Workshop Shaco, Pax Jax, Pax Sivir, Muse Sona, Emerald Taric, Pax Twisted Fate.

OR

Give everyone two champions to purchase one (or two) skins that are normally valued at 975 (so people aren't getting free PFE's) for free.

Razorzx1

11-21-2012

Maybe in the January skin sale you could put some of the retired legacy skins back on sale (yellow jacket shen, leopard nidalee etc) , and/or the some skins that are classified as color retouches? Also Hippa is there any news on the development of the skin trading that you had spoken about?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-21-2012
5 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
So the name camps from the last wipe are still immune?
Sad day.
Why would they be immune? I'm fairly certain the last wipe was in 2011.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-21-2012
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFogel View Post
I have a question you may or may not be able to answer Hippalus, but...

I have an account with a username I desire for my main. If I buy a name change for the smurf and then a name change for my main, will I get my username?

Or do i have to email support?
That should work fine. As soon as you buy a name change for an account, the old name is freed up.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-21-2012
7 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
If I may ask (and probably sound rude by doing so), how did Riot just... forget about Black Friday? I mean, I recognize that it isn't a mandatory to have a sale, but there's a history of Black Friday sales at Riot, and it's kind of one of the biggest shopping days in the US. I don't see how it could have possibly just passed under the radar or something.

Edit: whoops, forgot that part about sales suggestions. I'll save mine for your thread.
The people that worked on it last year are not with Riot anymore, and there is not a good historical record of the thought process behind old sales. I was aware we retired a lot of skins at 75% off late last year, but just learned today that sale was tied to Black Friday.

whoateallthepies

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
As I scan through the forums, I'm seeing a lot of interest in a Black Friday sale. Unfortunately nothing special is planned for that day and there is no time to put something together by Friday. We've been busy working on other things for Snowdown Showdown and Season 3.

We'll make up for it by planning a big sale event in January. Post here what you would want to see on sale in that event, and we'll pick from the ideas that get the most upvotes.

EDIT - I'll make a new thread for this later today. Let's keep this thread about Summoner Name Changes
Screenshotting this so I can repost it in January, juuuuuuust in case