I would like RIOT to make a official stance on lane calling

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphabet

11-21-2012

As the title says. I'm getting rater tired of children joining draft pick and spamming what lane they want and assuming that means they must get it. They are quite creative in the bull they try to use as justification for why calling it means they get it. So what if its your best role. It could be others as well. Players need to accept that when you get one of the last picks you may not get the lane you preffer. They need to hear that from Riot seen as they refuse to accept it from anyone else.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

It'd probably be along the lines of "Children, get along."

GunOfBrixton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I agree.

More importantly the community needs to learn that its a team game.

Sighs

11-21-2012

If I check on lolking that you have 40% chance to win while I have 70% chance, there's no way I will let you override my lane pick even if you're FP and I'm LP.

Recently got a m*ron FP who banned shaco, sona, kat, picks tf, feeds 0/7/1 and never ganked once. He only threw cards once in 20 minutes. Not to mention Shen - the champion he refused to ban smoked his ^&@*#@

Masque

11-21-2012

I believe Riot has already stated in a few red posts that in the end Pick order is what they abide by since pick order based on ELO is a function implemented by RIOT themselves. That while they understand some people feel that role calling is the end all be all that it is in fact just a tool used by the player base to "assist" in determining which role you will play but it will always default to pick order. I am ofcourse expanding on what was said but it was along those lines.

An0rphan

11-21-2012

Rioters have personally said that Pick Order > Calling, although note that they havn't actually said as a company anything regarding this.

Masque

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighs View Post
If I check on lolking that you have 40% chance to win while I have 70% chance, there's no way I will let you override my lane pick even if you're FP and I'm LP
There is no way you will "let" him? How do you plan to stop this theoretical FP from taking the role you feel you are better suited for? Unless you mean either you will get it or you will dodge, which I guess is a possibility.

Salvationier

11-21-2012

Riot has made a stance on this.

They've posted numerous times that Pick Order > Calling.

While its good to talk strategy with your team in the end Pick Order decides the outcome of a game.

Trolling a game because you're mad about the pick order is reportable as Refusing to Communicate or Assisting enemy team.

Edit: Shens! Shens EVERYWHERE!

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

11-21-2012
1 of 15 Riot Posts

I don't think it's possible for us to have an official stance. I think there's a grey line here where sometimes it's fine and sometimes it isn't fine.

Be socially aware, try to be flexible, communicate both ways, etc.

Algorhythms

11-21-2012

Agreed.

1234511 ... 31