Important changes to the Privacy Policy

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Careful Ima Trap

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
My question is "why do Important Changes to Your Rights" get posted under General Discussion and not, say, Announcements? :|

Also, this is great news, I can't wait <3
I think it's probably because more people check General Discussion instead of Announcements.

Xexxar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

So we get more of the juicy stats like how many teemo's have died so far? Alright!

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valory View Post
I think it's probably because more people check General Discussion instead of Announcements.
Announcements tend to get posted to the front page of the site and the patcher, so I would hope more people would see Announcements.

It's all good now though, since it got moved.. but it's not yet on the front page. Huh.

jjakji

11-21-2012

Nice

Crush On You Pig

11-21-2012

Are you gonna release Tournament Code for othet people than from ESL? Me and my friends are making lol site about e-sports and we are gonna do tournaments on it. We want to use Tournamet Code for that. We managed to build for us and it's working great. All we need to know is we can legally use it? ;-)

kBOoZzY

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
Why give people this data? Because people make awesome stuff with game data like stats sites, which tons of players know and love. We want to see more cool things like that come out of the community.

We’re still in development on this API, and you’ll be hearing more about it in the coming months (how it will work, who can access it, etc). But in preparation for this, we wanted to get this Privacy Policy change out of the way, which is what I just did .

Regards,

-Brolaf
As a dev experimenting with various sources for league data I would really appreciate some more details, whatever you can give out, regarding these APIs. More specifically, will they include player match histories (what regions?), detailed item and champion ability info (numbers and scaling stuff), have query limits and player anonymity?

embl3m

11-21-2012

does this mean we will be able to see our normal stats?

Viro Melchior

11-21-2012

Posting it for attentive forum users to see, not just sliding it into the text that everyone just clicks AcceptAccept to anyways.
+1 for Riothonor

JD 2020

Community Program Manager

11-21-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBOoZzY View Post
As a dev experimenting with various sources for league data I would really appreciate some more details, whatever you can give out, regarding these APIs. More specifically, will they include player match histories (what regions?), detailed item and champion ability info (numbers and scaling stuff), have query limits and player anonymity?
We will have lots of information for you to dig through in the coming months. We are not quite ready to talk all those details quite yet, but you'll have all the information you'll need at your fingertips by the time the API is ready for use!

Cheers,

-JD
http://twitter.com/JD_2020

RedPlanet

11-21-2012

I would hope a "privacy policy" would involve an option to keep your stats private, rather than just avoiding the issue by making you forfeit your concerns in order to play the game.

12345612 ... 17