[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I've had some inconclusive results testing this in bot games (generally end up with around 600/750 bonus mana in a 16 minute game). Ideally, I'd like for players to be able to hit the threshold around 10-12 minutes (if they start Tear) so that there's ample time to make use of the cool upgrades. I'm going to leave it as-is for 1.72, and highly encourage you guys to buy the Tear upgrades to see how often you're able to hit the cap under more realistic conditions.
In the event we're unable to hit that cap with the majority of changes, and a new cap is needed for Dominion, will a new item be created that is a mimic of these with a new name? Or will it be the same item/name with a lower cap?

Just piqued my curiosity, really. I don't suspect changing the cap for Dominion, but keeping all else about the item the same, will really hinder the burden of knowledge on players swapping between modes.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-21-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I actually see plenty of Rod of Ages built on Dominion as is. The issue is that it has to be rushed, basically.
Yeah, that's really my only issue with it. I don't anticipate increasing the charge speed by too much. Probably from 10 minutes to 7 minutes or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
In the event we're unable to hit that cap with the majority of changes, and a new cap is needed for Dominion, will a new item be created that is a mimic of these with a new name? Or will it be the same item/name with a lower cap?

Just piqued my curiosity, really. I don't suspect changing the cap for Dominion, but keeping all else about the item the same, will really hinder the burden of knowledge on players swapping between modes.
Same item, lower-cap is what'll likely happen. It'll just be named Manamune (Crystal Scar) and whatnot.

Snakevision

11-21-2012

How about, instead of Muramana and Seraph's Embrace giving a flat 1000 mana, they grant mana just like Manamune and Archangel's Staff, and can be upgraded with the additional effects for some amount of gold, with the cost decreasing (not necessarily proportionally to the amount of powering up left to do) as they are powered up (upgrading automatically if fully charged)?

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Yes. Most games will last only what, 15-20 minutes on average? If AAS takes about 9 minutes to evolve on a Singed keeping his gas on, most people won't ever hit the cap, or even then their functionality will serve all of maybe 3-5 minutes late game should they hit evolution.
why would you ever use AAS on singed?! it would take 198371984 years to max it.

DiscworldDeath

11-22-2012

Not in S3, where mana spent also counts for charging Tear/AAS.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Not in S3, where mana spent also counts for charging Tear/AAS.
fair enough.

ElevenOfClubs

11-22-2012

Quote:
Yeah, that's really my only issue with it. I don't anticipate increasing the charge speed by too much. Probably from 10 minutes to 7 minutes or something like that.

Same item, lower-cap is what'll likely happen. It'll just be named Manamune (Crystal Scar) and whatnot.
Can we please call them things like "Manamasa", "Angel's Staff" and "Rod of Sages" instead?

I think it will be much easier to talk about these items if they actually have different names.

urmamasllama

11-22-2012

you weren't kidding about manamune being good on AD carries either. i mean i like it on yorick so much now, but when i build it on ashe i feel like a wrecking ball coming through

Dominus Arts

11-23-2012

I really feel sad that these kind of topics are created by Rioters only on NA forum. I think both EU platforms have a right to take part in balancing things around since their playstyle and itemisation differs a bit from NA.

In terms of Manamune and Archangel's Staff: You can consider evolving it at earlier stages (f.ex at 500 cap) giving some stats which would "mature" completely the moment the items will be fully capped.

Tortferngatr

11-23-2012

Quote:

...Why not my Claiomh Manais/Manadbolg and Stave of Thrones/Virtue's Might? Or other sword puns/angelic hierarchy puns?

Might be a fun little twist, somewhat akin to how we have Deathcap and Witchcap.