@Riot tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diaotaixiao

Senior Member

11-21-2012

So, after reading all the cases I still think it's ban-worthy. The problem is, and I think we all see this a lot, that you get trolled and get emotional about it. It's your response to trolling that's getting you in trouble. Try not to let them bait you into arguments and you won't get banned. That being said, I'm certain that at least of a few of the people in the games I read are receiving bans as well and were worse offenders than you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaotaixiao View Post
I read the first set of games and you just have a generally bad attitude and escalate the situation by arguing when you could just let it go. It's not egregious but it's obvious that you're a negative force in your games instead of a positive one. I support the decision to have you take a seat for a while but you're not among the worst I've seen.

Nidalee [All] [00:14:02] why are u mad ez?
Nidalee [All] [00:14:03] jeez
Nidalee [All] [00:14:12] seriously grow the **** up already
Nidalee [All] [00:14:45] ****ign children thease days, no manners and nore spect
Nidalee [00:16:09] can we ff at 20?
Agreed that I shouldn't have reacted to that. That was in response at the end of the game after having trounced us saying "god youre awful." I don't remember the specifics but he was in my previous game and I had muted him there after he trash talked so my patience with him was thin. Again you are right that I shouldn't have responded but again tribunal FAQ says to pardon those responding to insulting behavior.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Second case do look like it should be pardoned as they seemed to be just rage reports of "LOLFEEDERLOL"

The first case though was more abusive and it seemed like you forced yourself into certain roles no matter the actual team comp...
For the first ban, there were no issues with role picks except for the game where I had shaco and we had a jungle cho. There I honestly ****ed up during champ select and didn't notice. I also tried my best that game which is evident by the fact that only one person from my team reported me and that guy was the one trash talking the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

koosalagoopagoop

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthenios View Post
Well if you skim the text, its pretty obvious that I continued to work with my team, however you are right that I shouldn't have typed that.

Aye I am not saying you deserved a ban, because in my mind no one should be banned for anything other than purposely throwing or refusing to work with team. Just like there is a chat filter there is a mute button and if you don't like someone calling you a dope or w/e just mute them.

I'm just trying to help you not get banned again. This game is RIFE with trolls. That is the nature of mobas and internet in general. The tribunal has given them a powerful tool. Take your game with Cait. She got you, plain and simple. She may get reported/banned as well, but on a smurf account with no money spent what would she care? She understands how this system works and how to abuse it. You need to consider this when typing ANYTHING. The Ashe in your game 4 is another example. You can tell she is whispering the singed to report you in the end for no reason if you turn on enemy chat. She should get a perma ban for that bull**** when you consider her report comment imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaotaixiao View Post
So, after reading all the cases I still think it's ban-worthy. The problem is, and I think we all see this a lot, that you get trolled and get emotional about it. It's your response to trolling that's getting you in trouble. Try not to let them bait you into arguments and you won't get banned. That being said, I'm certain that at least of a few of the people in the games I read are receiving bans as well and were worse offenders than you.
I agree. My problem though, is that the tribunal FAQ clearly states that they should pardon those reacting to abusive/insulting behavior. With that in mind I should've been pardoned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosalagoopagoop View Post
Aye I am not saying you deserved a ban, because in my mind no one should be banned for anything other than purposely throwing or refusing to work with team. Just like there is a chat filter there is a mute button and if you don't like someone calling you a dope or w/e just mute them.

I'm just trying to help you not get banned again. This game is RIFE with trolls. That is the nature of mobas and internet in general. The tribunal has given them a powerful tool. Take your game with Cait. She got you, plain and simple. She may get reported/banned as well, but on a smurf account with no money spent what would she care? She understands how this system works and how to abuse it. You need to consider this when typing ANYTHING. The Ashe in your game 4 is another example. You can tell she is whispering the singed to report you in the end for no reason if you turn on enemy chat. She should get a perma ban for that bull**** when you consider her report comment imo.
Understood and thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diaotaixiao

Senior Member

11-21-2012

I understand your point about pardoning those responding to insulting behavior, but there is a lot of gray area. For example, if someone asked another why they fed X champ and that player then went off on a game-long tirade and trolled the fk out of the team because he/she took that as an insult then I certainly believe that person should be punished. It's important to consider the spirit of the tribunal rules/faqs

I ask myself this when reading tribunal cases: Is this person making the game worse for the other players in it (with their words, not their play)? I don't think you're an inherently toxic player, but you fall into the group the is provoked into creating an anti-fun environment. It's a shame that it's turning out this way, but you're letting them win by engaging in arguments with them and you're paying for it by being banned. You just need to ignore it when you can and trust that the tribunal will serve them in due course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaotaixiao View Post
I understand your point about pardoning those responding to insulting behavior, but there is a lot of gray area. For example, if someone asked another why they fed X champ and that player then went off on a game-long tirade and trolled the fk out of the team because he/she took that as an insult then I certainly believe that person should be punished. It's important to consider the spirit of the tribunal rules/faqs

I ask myself this when reading tribunal cases: Is this person making the game worse for the other players in it (with their words, not their play)? I don't think you're an inherently toxic player, but you fall into the group the is provoked into creating an anti-fun environment. It's a shame that it's turning out this way, but you're letting them win by engaging in arguments with them and you're paying for it by being banned. You just need to ignore it when you can and trust that the tribunal will serve them in due course.
It honestly is sad that the system is like this. As you noticed not one game did I go about trolling and suiciding into the enemy team. It was pretty much, as you said, me allowing myself to be provoked or being trolled by ppl I had reported in previous games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthenios

Senior Member

11-21-2012

bump