Frozen Fist discussion

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

11-20-2012

I wanted to kick off some discussion on the new items, and I'll start with Frozen Fist. What do you all think of it?

IMO, it's going to be pretty balanced actually. The champions who want it most only gain minor benefits from AP, the ones that get a lot of AP benefit are tanks without great base damages, and the only way to get much use out of the mana is to build a Manamune. It's really cool though as part of a semi-niche build including Archangels or Manamune.

JigglyThePuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Skarner is going to love it.

Phourc

11-20-2012

I was actually trolling around on the PBE and build it on AD malz instead of a frozen heart - it's an interesting item but just seems really annoying to deal with.

I don't feel the duration should be > the cooldown on the effect ):

Orphane

11-20-2012

Niche on the bruisers who already happen to build Sheen and Glacial and just really need that slow. But it's going to be REALLY good on them.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'm worried because the champions most likely to benefit from this item don't really need the help. Not to mention perma-slow is incredibly frustrating to play against. We'll see how it turns out.

A bouncy Furret

11-20-2012

The only champions this item benefits who deserve it are Volibear and Trundle.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I can see using it on a champion like Maokai and Amumu.

It's great for mana-hungry tank champions.

Skrapt

11-20-2012

Seems situational to me depending on matchups. As an AP, it seems like you would either want Rylai's or Lichbane instead a majority of the time. Fizz, Nidalee, Elise, Karthus, can all get use out it, but only if the situation calls for it.

I can see Hecarim liking it a lot, since he has no natural slow.

I'm looking forward to using this on GP the most though. It puts him in a niche position as an AD caster if he picks up other items like Hydra. Giving him a decent AoE nuke on Parrrley and good zone control with the proc and Cannon Barrage.

Fox P McCloud

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm worried because the champions most likely to benefit from this item don't really need the help. Not to mention perma-slow is incredibly frustrating to play against. We'll see how it turns out.
Yorick, Kassadin, Urgot, and Lulu will all love this item, just saying--it gives them all what they need---mana, CDR, and the ability to stick to or kite their target indefinitely.

Don't think this should be added.

edit: AD Malz will also love this, as it means his pets will be able to tear you apart much easier as you won't be able to just run away from them or kite them.

Redeemed In Fire

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Change the stats maybe? I love adding it to Hecarim and Khazix for the extra utility and damage, but it doesn't feel like the best for them. Andas menioned above, kinda semi-breaks other good champions.

12345 ... 6