Normal 3v3 elo should not be equal to normal 5v5 elo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScorchedToes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Gold 5v5 Ranked, no border in normals/custom. I hate solo queue so I don't do it, I am pissed that the only border that matters is solo queue.

Aqualisk

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
What is your ranked team tier?
We got platinum in season 3. I get silver in all normals whether they be 3 v 3, 5 v 5, solo queue, whatever.

Eat Orange Be K

11-20-2012

Quote:
for normal queue, it should show tier of the highest achieved ranked queue tier.
So it is not just ranked 5 solo, but also ranked team 3 and ranked team 5
Just did some mining because I'd heard of this issue before, and Yegg talked about it in the rewards FAQ; that normals go off of Solo Queue only and why (and was even addressing it in regards to 3's, and normal 3v3 queue vs normal 5v5 queue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
I see everyone's point about showing the Ranked 3s border trim in normal TT games, but I'm still concerned about confusion and elitism resulting from Platinum or Diamond Ranked 3s borders showing up in normal games of a much lower skill level. If there were a Ranked Solo TT queue then it would be a different story, and it'd be an easy call to use that instead.

As for being unclear: when we originally posted the rewards announcement we were still working out where the borders would be shown, but the current decision was announced in a couple places including the Season End FAQ here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744128

Apologies that you didn't know this earlier though! Our communication can always be improved.
It'll show the border properly in the queue it was earned in, but not normals.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-20-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

I see what you guys meant. The current behavior is correct. Since we do not have a ranked 3x3 queue, thus there can't be a tier reward for playing ranked 3x3 queue.

Versace Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
I see what you guys meant. The current behavior is correct. Since we do not have a ranked 3x3 queue, thus there can't be a tier reward for playing ranked 3x3 queue.
But there is a ranked 3v3 queue. I'm gold in ranked 3v3, but my solo queue rank was silver, so I only get a silver border in all normal games.

JJJNigel

11-21-2012

based on what they're saying, the current behavior is NOT correct. you should either see the border of your highest achieved tier in ALL queues, or you should see the border of the achieved tier in the relevant ranked queue in your current queue (e.g. your ranked 3's border when playing normal 3's).

Icetech2

01-16-2013

Quote:

Please RiotKiddington. Read and respond to this post. It has to do with 3v3 queue and badges.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33546664