Please critique this "Souls" mechanic Champion Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

11-19-2012

No interest?

Shuggles

11-19-2012

That passive could get way out of hand at level 1, those values need to be lowered.

Q: So her Q is Nocturne's passive? This doesn't seem like an incredibly useful skill, especially when you have to consume a soul to get the heal.

W: "Shroud of Death’s damage and shield strength will be increased by 1% for every 1% of Grolla’s missing health" So she gets a full lifebar again from this? That's a little broken.

E: Nice steroid. Name would make more sense if it was a targeted move to use on an enemy and it steals/replicates their AS/MS.

R: Reminds me of Soulstealer from HoN. Also reminds me of Ahri and Riven.

Her art is too pretty for a girl bent on destruction due to a grudge. Shouldn't she be more scarred?

Yousonerfed

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggles View Post
That passive could get way out of hand at level 1, those values need to be lowered.

Q: So her Q is Nocturne's passive? This doesn't seem like an incredibly useful skill, especially when you have to consume a soul to get the heal.

W: "Shroud of Death’s damage and shield strength will be increased by 1% for every 1% of Grolla’s missing health" So she gets a full lifebar again from this? That's a little broken.

E: Nice steroid. Name would make more sense if it was a targeted move to use on an enemy and it steals/replicates their AS/MS.

R: Reminds me of Soulstealer from HoN. Also reminds me of Ahri and Riven.

Her art is too pretty for a girl bent on destruction due to a grudge. Shouldn't she be more scarred?
The early bonus from the passive is no higher than Tryndamere's level 1 Q bonus (at maximum). Plus she's a melee carry, so her AD should be higher than a fighter's.

Grolla's Q only hits enemies in front of her, not all around her like Nocturne's. Soul Rend also heals for 12-20% of the damage she deals with the attack (currently; might change the number if needed).

W's base shield strength is 200 at level 5, so it's not that strong until she gets really weak. It also only has a 0.4 AP ratio normally (can go up to 0.8 AP ratio).

As for the art, there's limited art available for Grolla's design. RKS isn't exactly mainstream for artists. I'm forced to make do with what's available.

SmashedFish

11-19-2012

Bump. Also, what about changing the passive to dealing additional damage on hit/increasing lifesteal/increasing movespeed/some unholy combination of any of the above based on the number of souls carried?

Yousonerfed

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedFish View Post
Bump. Also, what about changing the passive to dealing additional damage on hit/increasing lifesteal/increasing movespeed/some unholy combination of any of the above based on the number of souls carried?
I used to have that, actually, but Phreak critiqued it and said that trading AD for a resource is not a good design. In his words, "you're telling the player he's nerfing himself by using abilities".

The Seyfarth Soul Gem, Grolla's unique item, does give extra bonus magic damage on her basic attacks based on how many Souls Grolla has, but it's negligible and also an opt-in item, so it's up to player choice. Plus I might change that up if it's needed.

Here's Phreak's post, for the interested: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...90032#31290032

Yousonerfed

11-19-2012

Bump.

Youso1337

11-20-2012

More bump.

EzSkillshot

11-20-2012

#'s need a LOT of adjusting.

Youso1337

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzSkillshot View Post
#'s need a LOT of adjusting.
How would you judge the concept without looking at the numbers?

Youso1337

11-20-2012

Bump.