Twisted TreeLine 3v3 Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoTHaVoK

11-19-2012

nice

THC DadLife

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Why put anivia in bottom tier? She's not as amazing as rumble or cho by any means, but I think she's one of the strongest semi squishy AP's for 3s. You can't just kill her first and be done with it, and obstacles like J4 Ult and Anivia wall are invaluable in 3's. This is just my experience, but I've always played anivia in 3's as one of my go-to's.

Also, do you scrim sam? I've played against you once or twice with random's, and they fed hard lol. I play with people like Ify, Bones, ENV. It'd be fun to scrim :P

Everdeem

11-19-2012

Hi Sam, first of all thanks for all the help given, i love to watch your streams and I learn a lot from them.

Im trying to enter the TT world and play ranked with my brother and a friend, but we're failing at picking the team.. We play mostly summoner's rift, but we're trying the same strategies and we keep failing.

Ment to ask a few questions.. would you say ziggs is viable in the new TT? or should I try Rumble? or Gragas? I own them.. Could you give me some tip of good teams to start off?

This is a list of champs we own/know how to play:

Olaf, Nunu, Darius, Draven, Swain, Lux, Teemo, Malphite, Jax, Wukong, Blitzkrank, Gragas, Rumble, Yorick, Twisted Fate, Volibear, Amumu, Irelia, and some others I dont remember..

Thanks for your team reading and for your help!

EDIT: Could you give me an Olaf item starting build / all game item build please? thanks!

Jazman84

11-20-2012

What would people suggest as an optimal build for Kha'zix in 3's? I am really enjoying his kit,
My last game I ended with: Ghostblade, Frozen Heart, Maw, Merc Treads, Last Whisper and BotRK.
I finished 10/7/8 or thereabouts. We won, but that 7 deaths column irks me a bit. The thing is, abut 4 of them happened in the final stages of the game. I was just getting focused like no tomorrow.

I figured Frozen Heart and Maw would be plenty of resistances, however I was getting blown up in a matter of seconds.

What should I be looking at to increase my survivability, while also beating able to dish out some respectable damage?

Cartman333

11-20-2012

Just curious... on Summoner's Rift, Graves is one of the "holy trinity" of AD carries along with Corki and Ezreal - yet on your list I see he's ranked pretty low... lower, in fact, than a champ like Gangplank (whom I find to be slightly underpowered these days).

What makes Graves such a poorer choice on Twisted Treeline?

Sam

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporal courage View Post
Why put anivia in bottom tier? She's not as amazing as rumble or cho by any means, but I think she's one of the strongest semi squishy AP's for 3s. You can't just kill her first and be done with it, and obstacles like J4 Ult and Anivia wall are invaluable in 3's. This is just my experience, but I've always played anivia in 3's as one of my go-to's.

Also, do you scrim sam? I've played against you once or twice with random's, and they fed hard lol. I play with people like Ify, Bones, ENV. It'd be fun to scrim :P

Anivia is way too squishy against most champions in TT, most. And most of those champions are played in every game. Anivia would lose lane very easily if ganked or just outplayed by any of the "most" played champions.

Don't scrim, unless mhm, not sure. We just haven't found a team really give us a good beating haha xP

Sam

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeem View Post
Hi Sam, first of all thanks for all the help given, i love to watch your streams and I learn a lot from them.

Im trying to enter the TT world and play ranked with my brother and a friend, but we're failing at picking the team.. We play mostly summoner's rift, but we're trying the same strategies and we keep failing.

Ment to ask a few questions.. would you say ziggs is viable in the new TT? or should I try Rumble? or Gragas? I own them.. Could you give me some tip of good teams to start off?

This is a list of champs we own/know how to play:

Olaf, Nunu, Darius, Draven, Swain, Lux, Teemo, Malphite, Jax, Wukong, Blitzkrank, Gragas, Rumble, Yorick, Twisted Fate, Volibear, Amumu, Irelia, and some others I dont remember..

Thanks for your team reading and for your help!

EDIT: Could you give me an Olaf item starting build / all game item build please? thanks!

It's pretty obvious what's viable and whats not on my list haha, but ziggs just isn't that strong, pretty much like anivia but a little better with an escape mechanic ism, the problem with ziggs and anivia is they are just way too squishy to win any trades in TT.

Rumble is good, try it out, one of the best AP champions by far.

Gragas is good if your very good at landing skillshots and pulling some amazing ultimates,which I suck at :P

Team comps that do a lot of aoe.

Rumble, J4, and Shyvana : tankiness and sustain, plus high aoe damage

So many same questions haha.

Olaf 9/21/0

Boots + Doran item, depends on situation, if you feel you can't win lane get shield if you can get sword.

Rush pillager and after that full out defense items. Randuin and frozen heart

Sam

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazman84 View Post
What would people suggest as an optimal build for Kha'zix in 3's? I am really enjoying his kit,
My last game I ended with: Ghostblade, Frozen Heart, Maw, Merc Treads, Last Whisper and BotRK.
I finished 10/7/8 or thereabouts. We won, but that 7 deaths column irks me a bit. The thing is, abut 4 of them happened in the final stages of the game. I was just getting focused like no tomorrow.

I figured Frozen Heart and Maw would be plenty of resistances, however I was getting blown up in a matter of seconds.

What should I be looking at to increase my survivability, while also beating able to dish out some respectable damage?

Pillager and Sanguine

and Frozen Heart and Maw are good items.

The thing with Khazik is you have to remember hes a killer, they'll want to focus you down no matter what. you need to use your ultimate very wisely the choices of your items aren't bad, i mean if 3 people straight attack you and activate spells of course you'll go down. You just need to utilities your ultimate carefully and not be the one to be able* to focus down.

Sam

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman333 View Post
Just curious... on Summoner's Rift, Graves is one of the "holy trinity" of AD carries along with Corki and Ezreal - yet on your list I see he's ranked pretty low... lower, in fact, than a champ like Gangplank (whom I find to be slightly underpowered these days).

What makes Graves such a poorer choice on Twisted Treeline?

Cait > Graves anyways... haha

Gangplank was underpower, not really, he just isn't played a lot. And he scales terribly. He owns really hard early game and mid, but do terrible late game. That's the problem with GP.

But lets get to graves, graves isn't a good pick because of the sustain he can put out in TT. TT is mainly about having a lot of sustain, constantly applying pressure to one another and taking objectives, jungle/altar/etc. Graves cannot stay in fights that long, if they chain CC you, your pretty much done. His stats are not that great unless you autoattack, but if you autoattack, they'll focus you down. Pretty much any AD carry, but ezreal and vayne has a very strong E. Ezreal gives an INSTANT getaway, while graves glides and still be able to be focused down. And Vayne can just E somebody who is diving her, to allow her to true damage autoattack them more.

Tisasecret

11-20-2012

How might someone effectively use Amumu? How does he make it through early game? How to build him and with what team comp? I would think that he has to lane with someone with high dps and build tanky ap but im not sure.