What do you think?

We need more badass females 637 28.88%
We need more crude, unrefined, gritty females 313 14.19%
All above. 858 38.89%
NO. 398 18.04%
Voters: 2206. You may not vote on this poll

@IronStylus/Morello: [Subject] The type of female champions we're missing.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

i wanna see the female version of gragas, with a ridiculously big weapon

EasymodeX

11-20-2012

Quote:
See, I don't think "imperfect" (i.e.: old, ugly, misshapen, etc.) female champions should, by definition, be hidden behind clothing.
There was no correlation between one statement and the other.

1. Most players would not care for a crone look. Period. Most players don't want it. It won't sell. It's a bad idea.

2. A hooded / mask female champ would avoid a lot of the ****ty look and lean towards a Veigar/Malzahar type look. The obfuscation would leave a lot to the interpretation of the player, which is beneficial all around. The concept of large skirts is to leave ample room for aesthetics (e.g. DESIGN on the cloth material, similar to Leona's armor, except for cloth, not metal).

E.g. oldschool Kayle with robes instead of armor. A medieval-themed monk-mage-zealot. Add boobs and you have a female champ that's not 'oversexed' but has sufficient cool-factor to sell and be popular.

Quote:
And as far as shadowed, masked, hooded go, it wouldn't prevent the champ to be overboobed, sexy posing, etc.
The point is that it would provide for a viable outlet for "cool factor" (which is more important for successful champ design than ***-appeal or non-***-appeal) without taking the "oversexed" route.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

also this is a badass woman
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...trongwomen.jpg

Edit:

BTW i havent seen or at least i dont remember any black champion, are they extinct?

LouisLeGros

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkilp View Post
Just wanted to throw this out there for all the people who thing Riot over does "boobs". What are you compareing it to? I personaly dont like or watch the show but im sure many of you have seen or heard of Bleach. Compare the girls in Bleach to any league female champ. All the people who think Riot is selling *** go rage in Bleach forums insted.
The forums that would reach anyone involved creatively in Bleach would be in Japanese, the creators of Bleach probably do not have the stated interest of wanting to fulfill various fantasy archetypes/tropes for its fan base and are probably more focused on the narrative that they have their ideas for for character wise opposed to League which is open to modifying the lore to fit in just about what ever they want because the universe is designed for that reason.

Not to mention even though I'm not really familiar with Bleach, isn't the main female character rather modestly endowed. I'm pretty sure Rukia (?) has smaller breasts than any female champion in league that isn't a yordle/child/Anivia. I guess most of the rest of the cast have watermellon chests, but that is partially why I never really got into the series because of stale character design like that.

BACKSTABUUU

11-20-2012

I always figured Katarina was part of the "gritty, battle hardened female" archetype, but it definitely an underrepresented group in LoL.

Zblugg

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
There was no correlation between one statement and the other.

1. Most players would not care for a crone look. Period. Most players don't want it. It won't sell. It's a bad idea.

2. A hooded / mask female champ would avoid a lot of the ****ty look and lean towards a Veigar/Malzahar type look. The obfuscation would leave a lot to the interpretation of the player, which is beneficial all around. The concept of large skirts is to leave ample room for aesthetics (e.g. DESIGN on the cloth material, similar to Leona's armor, except for cloth, not metal).

E.g. oldschool Kayle with robes instead of armor. A medieval-themed monk-mage-zealot. Add boobs and you have a female champ that's not 'oversexed' but has sufficient cool-factor to sell and be popular.

The point is that it would provide for a viable outlet for "cool factor" (which is more important for successful champ design than ***-appeal or non-***-appeal) without taking the "oversexed" route.
Sorry, you're right, no correlation. I was lost in my own thoughts (I tend to do that).

Anyway.

I agree that a monk/mage female champ would be sweet. Robes and all.

However, and this, I think, is where I was headed, covering a hot body doesn't take the hot body away. What I'd like to see is ugly, female humans. Not everyone is poster-worthy, and I'm pretty sure battles and war will, in time, make you ugly.

Scars.

Oh, here's an idea: scars. Heavily scarred face. Armor-clad body. You know it's a woman, even the armor can't cover that, but the face is all but scars and memories of long, hard-fought battles. No sexy pose, there. Just resentment, a profound desire for bloodlust. Not even a semi-flirtacious smirk: just hatred. Determination and hatred. Kind of like Brienne from Game of Thrones, that someone posted just now.

(I still think a crone would sell. Think about the elderly! (j/k) And besides, if someone's worried that an old crone would be unappealing, sell her in a bundle with a skin that's "Young Crone", for example, so people can feast their eyes all they want.)

DoozleDorf

11-20-2012

I don't get some of the references in here. I keep seeing "more badass Touhou-style women!", yet when I Google image search for 'Touhou', all I see is flowery, rainbowed, big-eyed, little-bo-peep um -stuff- like this:

Attachment 561442 Attachment 561443 Attachment 561444

what am I missing here?

Jeffurs0

11-20-2012

ye boy

Deaftstar

11-20-2012

There is a reason why there are so many hot bad ass champs. Because its fun and that's what we want to play. Who wants to play as a fat, grandma goblin?

Morello

Lead Designer

11-20-2012
14 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
I think Morello may have a thing for Starbuck ~.^
I just love the archetype and I thought it was done well here. I'm a big Jack fan in ME2 also, though I have gripes with a few of the specifics there.

It's also a really core type that League doesn't have, but fits well into what players think is cool