[QoL Request] Champion Based Mastery Pages

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonike the 2nd

10-21-2012

Basically 20 is not enough pages and I don't like reconfiguring them and sifting through them. Instead I would like to request a system where after selecting your champion you can choose from a few pages specific to that champion. 20 was good in the past but at about 100 champions the quantity has become insufficient.

Raynoc

10-24-2012

If Riot took the PvP.Net client as seriously as the art, we would have this feature among countless others.

+1

Phonike the 2nd

11-19-2012

bump

Phonike the 2nd

11-20-2012

Kiddington plz bro! Some people are just using 1 page and respecing every time because 20 pages just makes a mess.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-20-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynoc View Post
If Riot took the PvP.Net client as seriously as the art, we would have this feature among countless others.

+1
It has nothing to do with PvP.net client. It has to do with server space and load.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-20-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

I do not think this suggestion will happen any time soon. Mastery page put a lot of load on our server, I can't just add additional pages without any load implications. Last time when I increased the mastery page limit from 10 to 20 it already put a lot of stress on our servers. For the near future, I suggest you use the 20 pages efficiently.

Amariithynar

11-20-2012

20 pages is more than enough. If you can't fit your mastery needs into 20 pages, you're doing it wrong, either by duplication or by saving too many clutch use pages. Have some generic pages that you can custom tailor with a few quick changes (such as a 21/0/9 page that you can pull the mana regen if you're playing a manaless) and a few specialized pages that are transient entirely.

Phonike the 2nd

11-20-2012

well thanks for the reply.
...http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20690653#masteries
not enough to even cover the champs i play let alone the 100 available.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike the 2nd View Post
Basically 20 is not enough pages and I don't like reconfiguring them and sifting through them.
Did you happen to play back when we only had a single page and had to quickly change the masteries for our champ before the match started? It was a glorious day when we finally got multiple pages.

Pyrodruid

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike the 2nd View Post
well thanks for the reply.
...http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20690653#masteries
not enough to even cover the champs i play let alone the 100 available.
You seemed to have played 17 champs this season, and only 3 champs more than two times.

That's a rune page each and a second for your more common picks. It seems 20 should be fine for you, just remember the number of champs you can play is different to the number of champs you do play.

Also even if you're forced to play outside of those 20, there should be a similar enough page where you only need to switch one or two masteries around.