1 account pre ip

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaybay123

11-19-2012

I feel that we need more measures to stop proxy accounts seeing that people are just going to create new ones just to release their sociopathic tenancy in solo ranked.

This will be a productive way to stop the problems we see during ranked games. I do however see the problem with multiple family members/flat mates also using the game and feel that there should be a system in place that also allows them to play and enjoy our game as well.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We can't do this kind of restriction. We have many members that play from university dorm, internet cafe, etc. Limit one IP address per account will have a huge negative impact.

Arctanus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I have four people or more come to my house to play on a regular basis. This would be horrible.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

that is stupid man.

Knux

11-20-2012

Not only do I play from multiple computers (my own and a computer lab, where I don't always get the same computer), I play from multiple locations - I move constantly between home and school, 400 miles apart, and different subnets in each place make me have a different IP.

Saga of Ilthire

11-20-2012

Not only would that be bad for Universities, but how about families that play LoL together?

Abbx

11-20-2012

My best friend goes back home on weekends while he dorms durign the week. This would mean he'd have to give up LoL on one of these parts of his week. Not worth.

Apollinarius

11-20-2012

Worst. Idea. Ever.

It would accomplish nothing toward stopping problem players, but it would cause problems for a lot of nice people we want to see in the game.

sainen

11-20-2012

downvoted for horribly stupid idea. me and my siblings all play LoL using the home network, and on weekends there can be up to 5 people playing LoL from my place.

Frost Unit

11-20-2012

Well, permanent account bans should resolve the issue enough. It`s not "easy" to get to level 30. It does take many hours of playing.