Bug - Key keeps rebinding

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaladinVito

11-19-2012

I'm not entirely sure this is where I should post this, but it seems the most logical place to start.

So a friend and I recently decided we would try modifying a key-binding layout created by the Team Liquid guys for Starcraft II. Most of the layout works great, but one button continuously rebinds itself for no apparent reason.

The ; (semicolon) key never stays bound to what we've bound it to, and instead changes the listed bind to ] (right bracket). In addition, even though the key seems to rebind itself, even the rebound key (the right bracket) doesn't work, and we have to go into the key bindings every game to change it.

Is this a bug? Why is this happening? It happens every game.

Keldoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

you can try resetting the hud and rebind it of course youd have to rebind everything if you want to try this go here http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=824696

VerdeCreed

11-19-2012

I am going to hijack this thread.

I just got out of the official Riot support, and they encouraged me to post here about the issue. Let me affirm that I have the EXACT same issue. Here's a brief look at the ticket: Request #4256077

Quote:
Reproducing this issue is easy. I have done it on multiple computers and across many patches.

- Launch game
- Start a game on any map (Summoner's Rift, Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline, or Proving Grounds)
- Open up the menu
- Change a hotkey to the semicolon " ; " key. (I used smart cast summoner spell 2) (See attached picture 1 - Swain's Hotkeys)
- Observe that when you click semicolon the action that has been assigned to semicolon is performed (Flash, ignite, recall, pull up shop, etc)
- Finish the game.
- Start a new game on any map
- Press semicolon and observe that the ability that was just mapped to semicolon " ; " no longer triggers.
- Open the menu
- Go to hotkeys and observe that the semicolon " ; " key has been reassigned to right bracket " ] " (See picture 2 - Karthus's hotkeys)
- Exit the menu and try using right bracket "] "to activate the ability it claims to be mapped to.
- Observe that nothing happens even when right bracket " ] " is pressed.

tl;dr - the semicolon " ; " becomes unassigned after every game.

This has happened without fail, every single game, on every single computer, on multiple accounts for the past four months (as long as I've been using semicolon " ; " as an ability)
I tried the HUD solution, that was clever thought, but sadly it did not work. Semicolon still unbinds after every game. So far as I know it is just semicolon, no hud setting or otherwise.

I look forward to trying to help get this resolved.

tl;dr - I'm having the same issue. I tried your proposed solution and it did not work.

Screen 1

Screen 2

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

Follow Icosahedron on Twitter

11-19-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Wow. This is a weird bug, and it happens to me, too. Though I am NOT left-handed, I know plenty of people who are, so Key-Binding bugs are of special concern to me. I'll make sure we get someone looking at this soon.

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

Follow Icosahedron on Twitter

11-19-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Oh, and it seems like it happens with the comma key as well. Huh.

PaladinVito

03-01-2013

*bump* This still hasn't been addressed or resolved in any way, almost 4 months later.

GUNSHOOTER69

03-17-2013

Please fix.

codexile

03-28-2013

If it helps, this started happening in the Skarner patch. I remember that day well as since then I miss an ult resulting in my death at least once every few days, when I forget to rebind once I get in game.

Come on guys! Almost two years later and no hope in sight! I miss binding my key to semicolon.

Again, before the Skarner patch this worked just fine.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-28-2013

Another thread about this issue: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3193670

Kushluk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2013

Any news from Riot on this?