How far can one person get from 1200's if...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KraiserX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2010

They cannot control people feeding in other lanes? Just one of my biggest reasons i try not to solo queue. I dont think i am bad but there is plenty of room for improvement. Other than people dying again and again in other lanes and those who decide to check the jungle when the entire enemy team is mia and constantly die, i tend to enjoy my games. But since one of those 2 scenarios happens so often it leads me to ask how far can i really go?

I have watched some streams where others actually solo and not duo queue and they do get team mates that are lackluster so to speak but they still win more than lose.

MrZann

09-28-2010

Play someone with lane presence + buy wards + pick up teleport

I've won games because I just roamed from lane to lane to keep up harasses and pushes. Galio is fairly good at this, so are Xin and Annie. If you want to actively do this just play a jungler.

CrimsonSkies

09-28-2010

Easiest way to prevent the duo lane from feeding - go gank that lane a LOT, whether you are playing a jungle/solo lane carry. This is much more viable at low elo, when people overextends, don't buy enough wards. It's not hard to get a double kill bot with a strong carry.

aerborne

09-28-2010

this one time me and a friend played morgana blitzcrank in a lane, we zoned the other two out of the lane and ganked one of them twice, the other was taric. The taric stayed in the lane when the other guy left and his team never came to help him. We zoned the creeps away from him for a good 10 minutes, he was level 3 while we were all level 10-14 on the match....

Moral of the story is you have more control over your feeders then you think, if you just ignore the other lanes and don't gank or shift lanes or do something to fix the situation like most players then you're as bad as the feeders....

Of course solo queue is gambling so you'd still lose but there is a chance that you could win if you actually respond to what the enemy team is doing as a team or at least in a way that will help your team. Who knows the feeders may turn out really good in the team fights if you baby sit them

UCD2

09-28-2010

i think from 1200 -1400 is the hardest part after that its where you start testing your skill

KraiserX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2010

So how about me jungling Udyr,Amumu and possibly WW for my games? Picking amumu everytime he isnt banned and the other 2 accordingly?

MrZann

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraiserX View Post
So how about me jungling Udyr,Amumu and possibly WW for my games? Picking amumu everytime he isnt banned and the other 2 accordingly?
If you're good at jungling, absolutely. People really underestimate how important having a jungler is. The lane control, giving 3 people what equals solo lane XP, controlling neutral buffs + dragon, it's amazing.

Unfortunately I can't give tips for Udyr/Warwick or jungling in general as I'm still practicing myself.

CrimsonSkies

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraiserX View Post
Amumu, ww, udyr, olaf are the more reliable jungling picks. Amumu everytime he's open. WW otherwise. Udyr if your team needs a tank and amumu is banned. Olaf if the other team is CC heavy.

If you look at the top players profiles, most of them have a very high win ratio on junglers, even if their kda is relatively poor. The importance of a good jungler, esp at low elo, is HUGE. You open up a free lane, you can beat the duo lane in levels, and you control jungle/buffs. Not to mention the free kills from your ganks.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

09-28-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I find Xin Zhao to be an excellent jungler carry. He can gank with a slow, stun, and blink at level 2. He scales with items, and he's durable.

CrimsonSkies

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I find Xin Zhao to be an excellent jungler carry. He can gank with a slow, stun, and blink at level 2. He scales with items, and he's durable.
Only problem is that he jungles oh-so-slowly :< Every time I see a XZ jungle, the other jungle steals his stuff.