@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azphix

11-18-2012

Keep up the good work guys no matter what others say, at the end of the day they will be playing the very same champs they hate xD

The Moon Cricket

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yup, I saw his post and his suggested "response" is pretty much on the money.

..in fact.. why don't I just steal it and auto-post it as my standard reply! Yeah, that's the ticket! Unbridled theft!
You would steal his post like you stole my nostalgia with your songs you silly lovebird you.

Mirage Night

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You have got to be kidding me...
Don't worry my friend. After what I have dealt with through other game companies, you guys do care a lot. I have the utmost respect for you and the guys at Riot. You all do a great job with the community. You can't win everyone over, but that is a very small minority vs the vastness of the majority that love the work that you all do for us. Thanks!

P.S. any word on angelic riven :P

Whirblewind

11-18-2012

I'm disappointed that IronStylus has the audacity to call Syndra, Elise and Zyra's body types a mistake, whether in part or in whole; they were not.

That seems like talking out of both sides of the mouth.

There's nothing wrong with Nami and what her body type means for the game; not with or without the context of the body types presented recently. There's nothing wrong with sexuality as an aesthetic and Riot goes out of its way to include female body types that aren't just curvy silhouettes.

I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

ChaosWookie

11-18-2012

This thread proves people will ***** about anything! =/

Riot gives us cool looking warriors, mages and mutations.. along with them, we get amazing skins and unique themes to match! ~ yet some people only see "boobs"?

Guess that's their own problem then.

**Keep up the good work RIOT and don't let the negative ancies bring ya down.
Seems they're just unhappy with their lives and can't stand to see other people enjoying themselves of being successful in your own right ^_^.

GrogTheTrollGod

11-18-2012

Quote:
All of the male characters (that we're happy with...) have strong musculature and other traditionally powerful, male features.
Morello isnt pleased with Teemo :<

Quote:
There's something I think of as the Halloween phenomenon - that is, a number of champions look like they purchased a sexy-[blank] costume rather than going fully with their concept.
OOH, OOH! Like this?
http://naamapalmu.com/file/40448

MFJ

11-18-2012

splish splash

Vigilant Ronin

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirblewind View Post
I'm disappointed that IronStylus has the audacity to call Syndra, Elise and Zyra's body types a mistake, whether in part or in whole; they were not.

That seems like talking out of both sides of the mouth.

There's nothing wrong with Nami and what her body type means for the game; not with or without the context of the body types presented recently. There's nothing wrong with sexuality as an aesthetic and Riot goes out of its way to include female body types that aren't just curvy silhouettes.

I can't believe we're even having this discussion.
I like how, Riot tries its best to make everyone happy, but at the end of the day not to many people even care for the situation. I'm sorry, but I find it somewhat odd that people care so much for the splash art of champions. Me? I just pick a champion because I like their playstyle, abilities, theme, etc. "Omg I can see her boobs in the splash art! Riot=perverts!" Yeah the game is also in an "overlooking" view and you hardly notice anything. Do you see their "big boobs" in game? I doubt it unless you're trying really hard. I would be more focused on farming CS thanks. Also, Riot has made and is still continuing to make "non-sexualized" champs. If these posts are being made at the so called consistent rate of "1 post a week" about this matter then that is way to quick. Riot doesn't just dump out random champs every week they spend time making the artwork and thinking carefully about every champ. I'm going to make a poll on this matter and lets see how it goes.

Bosnianmafia

11-18-2012

Who the **** gives a ****?

Shinrasaa

11-18-2012

But Iron...I love Zyra! I thought Syndra was beautiful and I love, love the gorgeous Nami concept art! These are NOT mistakes! They are beautiful additions to LoL. Just because some people don't like them (but when do ALL people love something?) doesn't mean they are mistakes or can't be appreciated! People will always complain about new champions. For Draven, Darius and Jayce, it was that all male characters have become "typical human boring archtypes". For Kha'zix and Renegar (after listening to the community who wanted more monsters) it was "oh no, not more assassins..." now for Nami and Elise, it's "omg, why do they have cleavage?!".

I mean, I already said, more variety is always good. Sometimes, the releases of "similiar" (using the term loosely here) champions might be your only mistake here. Of course, I don't disagree that we need more cool monsters like Anivia or more badass females like Diana, but a lot of people also love our disney princesses like Diana, we love elegant beauties like Leona, we love dark and beautiful Syndra and Elise. So don't stop making them just because it ruffles some people's feathers. The same people will complain that you are only making covered up females some months later, wait for it.