@ Riot Please Keep Surge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFearHonorX

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadset88 View Post
I agree 100% with fear. Surge is a great spell, I love it for early team fights. I have played with fear for as long as I have been playing this game. Let me assure you he knows kayle.
Thank you deadset I appreciate that, I can only hope Riot will hear my plea and salvage my hybrid kayle... Goodbye Surge, Goodbuy Madreds Bloodrazor, Goodbuy Old black cleaver with attack speed...... Seems like the only direction right wants anyone to take is AD Crit to win.... I just want you to know Riot you are ruining my unique gameplay and hybrid build... I hate the way season 3 changes are going and its sad to me because i have a lot of pride in my unique kayle esp. because i do so well with the way i play and now it will literally all be gone.... I love this game and i Love using Kayle but this upcoming season 3 changes ruin my kayle in favor of AD carry crit to win and bruisers. What has happend to LoL?

XFearHonorX

11-19-2012

bump... plz keep this going guys im really disappointed about this...

AquilesOfArtoria

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFearHonorX View Post
Thank you deadset I appreciate that, I can only hope Riot will hear my plea and salvage my hybrid kayle... Goodbye Surge, Goodbuy Madreds Bloodrazor, Goodbuy Old black cleaver with attack speed...... Seems like the only direction right wants anyone to take is AD Crit to win.... I just want you to know Riot you are ruining my unique gameplay and hybrid build... I hate the way season 3 changes are going and its sad to me because i have a lot of pride in my unique kayle esp. because i do so well with the way i play and now it will literally all be gone.... I love this game and i Love using Kayle but this upcoming season 3 changes ruin my kayle in favor of AD carry crit to win and bruisers. What has happend to LoL?

Blade Of The Ruined King can do Madreds Bloodrazor in my opinion.. and the new black clever is awesome :O!
Armor Penetration + tearing armor for every hit +Cooldown reduction :O!
Talon is happy with this

AquilesOfArtoria

11-19-2012

And yeah i hope they dont take Surge.. its a good summoner spell.. better than Claivorance :P

XFearHonorX

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquilesOfArtoria View Post
Blade Of The Ruined King can do Madreds Bloodrazor in my opinion.. and the new black clever is awesome :O!
Armor Penetration + tearing armor for every hit +Cooldown reduction :O!
Talon is happy with this
Blade of the Ruined King does less damage and has no attack speed bonus..... The new black cleaver is better for bruisers or champs that dont require a lot of attack speed to be viable, so yes it will be great for talon but suck for kayle. Whats wrong with 2 cleaver options? 1 for bruisers and another for hybrids and ad carrys that has attack speed bonus?

Redenbacher

11-19-2012

Probably because attack speed is currently very easy to obtain. If I'm not mistaken, you'll also have an AD Stinger upgrade option. With all the sweeping itemization changes, I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding attack speed elsewhere. Not to mention, you have Runaan's Hurricane, which should have some interesting implications for Kayle specifically.

AD Stinger Upgrade - Zephyr:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zephyr

Runaan's Hurricane:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...%27s_Hurricane

List of new items on the PBE now:
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...ems-patch-nami

I noticed BotRK is changing to physical damage, which will have huge benefits to AD champions that no longer have to worry about magic resistance nerfing the damage they're trying to counter health-stacking with. That's far better than Madred's.

Guinsoo's Rageblade is also getting a change in it's passive that Kayle would enjoy.

Statikk Shiv looks like fun, especially if Runaan's Hurricane builds stacks for it.

New SoTD gives you a huge AS active.

Yea, I don't see any reason to think Surge will be missed.

XFearHonorX

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Probably because attack speed is currently very easy to obtain. If I'm not mistaken, you'll also have an AD Stinger upgrade option. With all the sweeping itemization changes, I don't think you're going to have a hard time finding attack speed elsewhere. Not to mention, you have Runaan's Hurricane, which should have some interesting implications for Kayle specifically.

Runaan's Hurricane:

I noticed BotRK is changing to physical damage, which will have huge benefits to AD champions that no longer have to worry about magic resistance nerfing the damage they're trying to counter health-stacking with. That's far better than Madred's.

Guinsoo's Rageblade is also getting a change in it's passive that Kayle would enjoy.

Statikk Shiv looks like fun, especially if Runaan's Hurricane builds stacks for it.

i play on pbe often, the new items are all about the AD carry crit to win build. The new rage blade is better suited for jax just like the old one was, going malady was always better for kayle. As for surge its a spell that works very well when used properly and should not be removed because of a simple learning curve. Not everyhing can be brain dead easy like flash and ignite to be viable.

XFearHonorX

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post

Runaan's Hurricane:

Also on a side note, Runaan's Hurricane sucks horribly esp in 1v1 situations. The new rageblade is an upgrade for the tanky jax only not kayle, new passive kicks in at 50% health where as jax would benefit more obviously because hes a lot more tanky and can survive longer to really utilize the passive below 50% hp.

Surge was a hybrid dps spell that worked great on kayles E which was her main source of dmg, Kayles needs attack speed plus she gets more damage with her E with surge, so in all reality more AS and dmg trumps what ignite would ever do with its tiny 70 true dmg at lvl 1. I play Kayle 90% of the time and surge is insanely good on her if used at the right time, if riot removes it its because surge takes timing and skill which most other spells dont require that kind of effort. All i can say is kayle is deadly with surge if used correctly and im literally going to quit when season 3 hits with all the bad item and spell changes. I love this game and never had an issue with balance changes until now.

R1ceMuncher

11-21-2012

Just wanted to say, I never saw the value in Surge, but I have a friend who smashes the game with it. So yeah, you should keep it. Some players actually CAN use it properly.

God Karthus NA

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFearHonorX View Post
Your build is full of **** items that is ultimately inferior to a standard DPS build + ignite. Variety is good when they are comparable, but in this case, hybrid AS simply does not compare to crit. Preventing people like you from making an inferior build is precisely the reason that Riot decided to remove Bloodrazor and Surge. It doesn't matter that you can do well with that build; you are being a disservice to your team because you can do better with a standard DPS build. Just because you like to play a certain way doesn't mean that why is healthy for the game.

Again, variety is only good when the options are comparable in quality/strength. Imagine that the only food a community can have right now is apple, but they want more options. Unfortunately, the only other options are tasty poop and bricks. The government decides to rightfully remove tasty poop and bricks as options to prevent stupid people from doing very stupid things and degrade the community.

tl;dr: AS build is noob trap, which is why Riot is removing Bloodrazor and Surge