A request for help for Riot and the Community - The perfect birthday present.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrogfx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Good evening, dear General Discussion fellow readers;

I come to you tonight with a plea for help and support; I'm sure all of you have seen many of these around the forums. I'm sure you're thinking why should we bother replying, or upvoting this. I don't have a better or worse reason to be heard than the others, other than hoping to be heard by Riot not for my sake, but for the sake of giving a great friend a little bit of happiness, when they need it most, even being something as small as this.

Over 2 years ago, I started playing LoL on these servers. Back then the EU servers were in a very different condition, which made it quite an ordeal to play on, even if they were closer to me. Over this time, I made quite a collection of runes, champions, skins, you name it - including several limited edition skins.
Fast forward to a year ago, I met, in probably the luckiest twist of fate, someone that changed my life completely. The kind of person that you feel you have known your whole life, that makes all the bad things disappear, and all the little things feel like a breeze of fresh air. The kind of friend that most people can only hope to ever meet even once in a whole lifetime. We're a great distance apart, and even though we've met, it wasnt nearly for as long I'd want it to be. Still, I can say without a shadow of doubt that this past year has been the happiest of the 25 years of my life, mostly thanks to this person.

Now you're wondering, why the hell I'm telling you all this? As our good friend Mclaren once typed in a moment of inspiration, "Patience". A few months ago, my friend started playing LoL as well, although on the EU server, now well functioning. Hoping to get my account transfered, I ticketed support, to no avail. So I started over from scratch there, leaving around 3k games and a monstrous ammount of money spent on skins behind, so we could play together. Over time, my friend has become a surprisingly good Katarina player; she's started grabbing skins here and there for her other champions, but nothing catches her eye quite like Kitty Kat Katarina.

And here comes the heart-braking part. I've got that skin on my NA account. I dont even use the account, I dont even play Katarina. I've bought it for the sole reason that it was limited edition. I have the one skin that the most important person in the world to me would like to have, I dont use it or want it, and I can't give it to her. She's been going through a rough spot lately, and her birthday's in less than 2 weeks. We're thousands of miles apart, and this is the one little gesture I can do to make things better, even if it seems meaningless.

So that's what I'm asking of Riot: Would it be possible to remove that skin from my account, and add it to my friends? I'm not asking for anything for free, I own the skin; or even to have my account transfered as I'm sure many people want. Merely to give it to someone who would value it a thousand times more than me. She's never been suspended for anything, is a good addition to the community, as her Honor records would show (even makes me a bit jealous sometimes :P), and contributing to the game.
And this is what I'm asking of the community, and posting it here: Please help me make this come true, if you feel any sort of sympathy for what I'm trying to do, or would like if someone ever did that for you. Bump this thread, upvote, bring it to the attention of the people who can help - Red Posters. I have nothing to offer but my gratitude, but you can be sure, you will have it.

Sorry to bring you such a wall of text on such a nice Saturday night, and thank you in advance. With your help, maybe together we can make someone a little bit happier, with as little of an effort as an upvote or a comment. If you could leave a few words as to bring the topic up and help more people see it, I would truly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Pyrogfx

PS: I'm fully available to draw manatees, armored bears, penguins with rifles, and whatever other tribute the mighty Riot Gods could demand *bows*

__________________________________________________ _______________________

So, I told my friend about this ^^ She's the one working hard on your drawings, so credit to her <3 She also left a message for you people:

Quote:
My dear League of Legends community!

I wanna thank you and Pyrogfx so much for supporting me in helping us get the skin to me! <3
First I had no idea he was doing this for me.. was a long time ago since I told him I'm absolutely inlove with that skin, and then one day, he asked me to draw a manatee riding a penguin holding a rifle o.O for some odd reason.. but then, he had to tell me!
In a world like this I'm so happy I have such great friends.. not many tho, but who I have is enough for me ^^
Even tho we live like 3000 km apart from eachother.. we have such a great bond!
I hope you guys will support me and Pyrogfx and get this to the attention of Hippalus!

I must admit, which all of you guys already know, the community on NA is SO much better then the one on EUW.. when I made a post about this and had some questions about it, all I got was haters.. negative comments.. you guys are so much better ^^

I wanna say I'm sorry aswell for not being able to provide any rewards if you will bump/upvote because as everyone knows, I don't know about America but Europe is going through a rough time economy wise and I can't provide the money to give gifts away, maybe I can send you a IRL thank you card with a euro in it tho!

I wish you all happy games and lots of wins!
And remember, keep bumping and upvoting <3

Much love, Suuii.

P.S. yes I made an NA account and was busy leveling it up to 5 so I can post here ^^

Make sure you give a hand to Potpourri - he's in a similar situation, and on his way to 2k upvotes! Doesn't hurt to give a hand
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2704579
SpiritHacker has a pretty amazing skin idea for Janna - Maybe we can give him a hand getting the visibility it needs to be added to the game!:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2798454

Note:
I've started typing up a small short story, as a means to thank the community for their help. You can find it on page 3:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post31578402

I'll add up to it every once in a while. Please share it with your friends, drop some comments and suggestions if you will. And of course, even if we do manage to make this come true, I'll still give it a proper development. I just love writing too much :3

Currently on: Chapter IV - The hand behind the curtain

Starting page 7, we have a little forum game going on: Mention something you didn't know until recently about LoL / the game / champions that you think others might not know of!
And here go our doodly requests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardAntechu View Post
I demand a manatee shooting a rifle while riding a penguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja ppengu View Post
Wow as a big fan of penguins your first doodle is heart breaking.

I now co-demand a penguin holding a manatee at gun point. Make it so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran888888 View Post
Please draw hecarim butchering a teemo.

Smackasaurus

11-17-2012

bump gl

Kaproww

11-17-2012

tl;dr - Help this guy give his Kitty Kat Katarina skin to his friend.
I support it

Pyrogfx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Thanks for the support so far, guys and gals... much appreciated, really <3

PS: I'm fully available to draw manatees, armored bears, penguins with rifles, and whatever other tribute the mighty Riot Gods could demand *bows*

Pyrogfx

11-17-2012

Or, I'll kick it up a notch. I'll be taking community requests as well. From drawings to short flavour stories, you name it, I'll do it! ^^

Shirvanshah

11-17-2012

Good luck! I really hope Riot helps you with this!

There are times that people make outrageous claims, but I would hope for a game in this industry they would have enough good will that their customer support would help make this happen.

Rhakimdar

11-17-2012

Bump! Good luck!

Subdue

11-17-2012

Upvoted. Good luck!

SpiritHacker

11-17-2012

+1/bump. Best of luck to you!

I wonder if Hippalus would be willing to make an exception and transfer the skin before 2k... getting the necessary upvotes in a span of two weeks would be immensely difficult.

Art Student

11-17-2012

I demand a manatee shooting a rifle while riding a penguin

12345 ... 10