Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
I deeply agree. Bashing them by making a thread for that sole purpose doesn't exactly help. Judging by the amount of likes though, it seems people like the purpose of this thread, which is a bit sad really. I thought of making a civil discussion thread on this issue, but I feared at the outburst that it would make, which this thread seems to nearly confirm by evidence. I'm glad I didn't make it.
It wouldn't have lasted.

i am ALL FOR civil, rational discussion. Where people actually read others' posts, learn from them, people might even change their opinions who knows!

But no, a very large portion of this forum is pretty extreme and irrational and would not take kindly to it

TheWheatOne

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Champion Revealed: Rachel, the College Sophomore!
That's actually a really cool concept. I'd buy her in an instant simply for the uniqueness.

talentednot

11-17-2012

Women in media look that way because thats what sells, thats what makes money. Its more visually pleasing to look at someone who is attractive and in shape than it is to look at someone who isnt. Going deeper into that, se.x sells. Noone expects you or any woman to look like angelina jolie, I dont expect my wife to keep her coochie shaved or get implants because her breasts arent big enough. I love my wife the way she is.

If you think women feel pressure from the media to look a certain way, then would the same not apply for men?

The same way I look at a Victoria Secret ad with a girl who has amazing breasts and a perfect body, Im sure my wife looks at a shirtless guy with a rock hard 6 pack perfect body on a mens underwear ad.

ChIcHiChImOn

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Why is breasts such an issue with you people?
http://soundjax.com/clapping-2.html

Great job buddy keep the grammar coming (jk)

EDIT: lol I failed too I guess I should have mentioned to play the first effect on the page XD

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
That's actually a really cool concept. I'd buy her in an instant simply for the uniqueness.
I wouldn't because riot would make me change my name qq

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkarthstar View Post
Are you gay? I don't think so. The men in League are NOT sexualized; they are muscular, "cool," but they're not sexualized the way women are. If Riot wants to sexualize women, fine, but they shouldn't hold a double standard for men.
Tryndamere, Pantheon and Varus are inexcusably sexualized

And you're laughable for trying to call someone gay, because considering the LARGE broad amount of subject matter in considering someone's feelings and how some people find some things offensive it mystifies me why you would say something that stupid and inconsiderate

Go home Kid, this is not your place

davin

Senior User Researcher

11-17-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
I deeply agree. Bashing them by making a thread for that sole purpose doesn't exactly help. Judging by the amount of likes though, it seems people like the purpose of this thread, which is a bit sad really. I thought of making a civil discussion thread on this issue, but I feared at the outburst that it would make, which this thread seems to nearly confirm by evidence. I'm glad I didn't make it.
There's actually been a fair number of threads in GD about character representation that were pretty civil and rather cool. It can be a bit of a heated topic, but I don't think the forum is inherently unable to discuss it. It's just a little easy to be acerbic on the Internet.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
So a woman has no options?
Sorry for anyone with the option of wearing Jeans or a dress
You're over privileged
if you're given the option to wear full-protective gear or a minidress to a life-or-death arena

it makes a lot of sense to choose the gear
default skins should reflect their battle-clothing
whereas alternate skins can choose minidresses and battle bunnies

Guancyto

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
There's actually been a fair number of threads in GD about character representation that were pretty civil and rather cool. It can be a bit of a heated topic, but I don't think the forum is inherently unable to discuss it. It's just a little easy to be acerbic on the Internet.
In fairness, most of those didn't start by saying "everyone who disagrees with me shut the hell up."

If we want a civil discussion, I think the well was poisoned from the outset.

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
Women in media look that way because thats what sells, thats what makes money. Its more visually pleasing to look at someone who is attractive and in shape than it is to look at someone who isnt. Going deeper into that, se.x sells. Noone expects you or any woman to look like angelina jolie, I dont expect my wife to keep her coochie shaved or get implants because her breasts arent big enough. I love my wife the way she is.

If you think women feel pressure from the media to look a certain way, then would the same not apply for men?

The same way I look at a Victoria Secret ad with a girl who has amazing breasts and a perfect body, Im sure my wife looks at a shirtless guy with a rock hard 6 pack perfect body on a mens underwear ad.
Pretty good point

I think it affects young girls.
Naive girls.
It sounds offensive, but it is true. Girls who don't know any better.

I could give 2 ****s if someone doesn't think I'm Angelina Jolie standards...but someone 5 years younger probably doesn't have the same attitude.

I think it does apply to men too. I know there is stress on guys to look a certain way. Until they hit a certain point (like I did) when you realize, who gives a ****? People are gonna like you for you or they're not. Lions don't sweat the opinions of sheep knawhatimean?!