Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Hey, shut up.

GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
um... just look around? magazines? posters? advertisements? video games? movies? everything... ?

i find it hard to believe that you haven't seen this lately, because it's everywhere... then again, it doesn't affect you, so perhaps you don't notice it. but when you're in a world where everyone expects you to look like angelina jolie, and places more importance on the size of your breasts and whether or not your crotch is shaved than your intellect or talents, it's hard to ignore.
Well I'm very selective in what I read and watch (to filter out garbage like iCarly or anything on BET) If I believe it will interest me then I'll invest time in it otherwise I don't bother

It helps me save time you see

So plz give me examples to research

Bernkastar

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post

Nobody cares that outfits are revealing because Varus is practically naked and we (being men) haven't said a damn thing about him or Taric's Design
Are you gay? I don't think so. The men in League are NOT sexualized; they are muscular, "cool," but they're not sexualized the way women are. If Riot wants to sexualize women, fine, but they shouldn't hold a double standard for men.

TheEnygma

11-17-2012

What we need is a female champion with bed head, sweat pants and her bf's college sweatshirt

Breaking the cycle

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
What we need is a female champion with bed head, sweat pants and her bf's college sweatshirt

Breaking the cycle
Champion Revealed: Rachel, the College Sophomore!

Warm One

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I think this is the most healthy approach to the topic. People are going to talk about champions (and the depictions that champions are) because they are important to them. That's a good thing. Making up straw men (or straw feminists) isn't exactly treating the people or the subject matter with respect. Civility!
I deeply agree. Bashing them by making a thread for that sole purpose doesn't exactly help. Judging by the amount of likes though, it seems people like the purpose of this thread, which is a bit sad really. I thought of making a civil discussion thread on this issue, but I feared at the outburst that it would make, which this thread seems to nearly confirm by evidence. I'm glad I didn't make it.

ExpandingEye

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
judging by all the "economics majors" we seem to have here they must have conferences on *** sells because apparently if you make a non-sexy champ no one will buy her
you dont have to be the epitome of attractiveness to be badass
and there are many different attractive body types than the barbies we keep seeing

something can be aesthetically pleasing without being sexual! its hard to grasp i know
you dont have to have your cleavage showing or wear a catsuit to be attractive

if they were confident in their abilities to make fun-to-play champions, they wouldnt have to rely on *** appeal to sell their characters

people still play zilean and gragas and they're old/overweight

and i dont even mean so far as gragas sized
but there arent any women in the league that a plus sized in the least
think of nani from lilo and stitch
she's not model thin but she's still attractive

when i think of a deadly woman, i think her appearance should mirror that
when i look at these champs, its clear that their main purpose is to be attractive before they are strong
I agree! Just look at all the video games with non-sexy characters such as Mario and those with a variety such as Half-life.

They sell off gameplay, and a lot of real gamers by that stuff up.

Guancyto

11-17-2012

Wow.

I come back six hours and thirty-seven pages later and the OP is still furiously at it.

That is dedication. Did a faux-feminist run over your dog or something?

Plati

11-17-2012

Simple solution. Do a character rework of Gragas and make him a plump female.

ExpandingEye

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkarthstar View Post
Are you gay? I don't think so. The men in League are NOT sexualized; they are muscular, "cool," but they're not sexualized the way women are. If Riot wants to sexualize women, fine, but they shouldn't hold a double standard for men.
There's also a huge variety of body types among men, and slews of male monsters.