GG no longer means what it used too.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I See Stars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I refuse to use the word "GG" anymore, it doesn't mean what it was initially for. "GG" is now derogatory saying to how bad someone is, or how the game cannot be won.

Instead now I type out "Good Game, Wellplayed", sure it might take a bit longer but at least it accurately portrays what I mean. This game is meant to be played for fun, sure you can be mad at your teammates, but under any circumstance you should say "Good Game".
In my opinion saying "Good Game" in any sport or video game is mandatory. We can make the community better by just being nicer. A game can be competitive and friendly at the same time, it doesn't have to be this way.

Treeke

11-17-2012

I thought that GG was "Get Good"

DaMiTzNhan

11-17-2012

get good scrubs nore

A Frosted Wolf

11-17-2012

I agree. At the end of a match, I just say well played.

Glarolar

11-17-2012

or you know, you can just say gg wp and save yourself some energy

Molester

Recruiter

11-17-2012

I couldn't care less how people interpret what I say
Gg4life

Buderfingers

11-17-2012

I agree although not for the same reasons. GG just loses its values when it is ONLY said by the winning team every match. Doesnt matter if it was 4v5, a 15 minute roflstomp, or both. People say gg when it clearly wasn't. Unless a persons idea of "good" is not even having to try to win.

Xemeron

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?? ?? View Post
I refuse to use the word "GG" anymore, it doesn't mean what it was initially for. "GG" is now derogatory saying to how bad someone is, or how the game cannot be won.

Instead now I type out "Good Game, Wellplayed", sure it might take a bit longer but at least it accurately portrays what I mean. This game is meant to be played for fun, sure you can be mad at your teammates, but under any circumstance you should say "Good Game".
In my opinion saying "Good Game" in any sport or video game is mandatory. We can make the community better by just being nicer. A game can be competitive and friendly at the same time, it doesn't have to be this way.
Did they just unfreeze you?
Things are that way like.... well, forever.
At least for as long as DotA exist.
Sportsmanship is only a myth on the Internet

Duke Br0heimer

11-17-2012

That's why I always say "Jigglypuff" at the end of a game.

DaemRijou

11-17-2012

GG doesn't have to mean something, think of it as a handshake after a game.