Best Mid for Solo Que?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

11-17-2012

I'm totally loving Ahri, I love Kat aswell. What are some other fantastic mid picks? I was thinking of buying Cass next, or maybe LeBlanc!

silverfox27

11-17-2012

zyra/ori if you want the best chance at carying the whole team. why you ask, because they have the best cc and utility. they can constantly spam spells, peel for the adc, and turn a teamfight around depending on your play and positioning!

Acorn Thief

11-17-2012

malzahar...

Wise Wizard JPP

11-17-2012

I like to play Anivia mid lane.

Positives: With constant ranged stuns and unlimited potential to burst an enemy down with an E R E Q follow up and her W ability to keep them from escaping, I rarely find an opposing mid who is able to farm efficiently against her.

Combine her nasty focus potential with her uncanny potential to escape even some of the hardest focuses with W and her passive which allows her to revive herself and shes a force to be reckoned with being able to burst down enemies and escape throughout the majority of the game.

In addition to this I also find since i don't see her being played too often some players don't know how to handle her and I have won games against 'better' players in the mid by catching them off guard in the early game and keeping them locked out.

Disadvantages: Well although she is a solid mid lane hero she can have problems against champions with a lot of mobility who are able to consistently dodge her stun, e.g. Flizz. She is also susceptible to ganks from mobile junglers who can get over her wall easily when she tries to escape, but only those have strong bursts to counter her passive, a good example is jax. Although I rarely find it a problem, because of the consistency required, champions with long range such as Caitlyn can also cause a problem if they play defensively and stay out of Anivias Q range.

She also requires a great deal of practice to play to the point where you can use your Q skill shot to stun them consistently and use your wall to escape, trap, block and disrupt flash and up until that point she is weak.

Overall however i'd say hero positives outweigh her negatives and shes a 'rare' enough champion that only experienced players will know any sort of counter strategy.

Ominous

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Wizard JPP View Post
I like to play Anivia mid lane.

Positives: With constant ranged stuns and unlimited potential to burst an enemy down with an E R E Q follow up and her W ability to keep them from escaping, I rarely find an opposing mid who is able to farm efficiently against her.

Combine her nasty focus potential with her uncanny potential to escape even some of the hardest focuses with W and her passive which allows her to revive herself and shes a force to be reckoned with being able to burst down enemies and escape throughout the majority of the game.

In addition to this I also find since i don't see her being played too often some players don't know how to handle her and I have won games against 'better' players in the mid by catching them off guard in the early game and keeping them locked out.

Disadvantages: Well although she is a solid mid lane hero she can have problems against champions with a lot of mobility who are able to consistently dodge her stun, e.g. Flizz. She is also susceptible to ganks from mobile junglers who can get over her wall easily when she tries to escape, but only those have strong bursts to counter her passive, a good example is jax. Although I rarely find it a problem, because of the consistency required, champions with long range such as Caitlyn can also cause a problem if they play defensively and stay out of Anivias Q range.

She also requires a great deal of practice to play to the point where you can use your Q skill shot to stun them consistently and use your wall to escape, trap, block and disrupt flash and up until that point she is weak.

Overall however i'd say hero positives outweigh her negatives and shes a 'rare' enough champion that only experienced players will know any sort of counter strategy.
I might have to try her

Reneexo

11-17-2012

Cass is a great pick for Solo Que as well. She has very few counters and is easy to dodge skill shots which many AP mid's have at least one. Your ult is CC which is always great for team comp. If you poison an enemy with your 'Q' or 'W' you do A LOT of damage and can force a person out of lane early.

Drag0nBread

11-17-2012

Xin Zhao. Your team will most likely call you a troll but I'm telling you he shuts down most mids in the game like no other.

Slycandicem

11-17-2012

Ziggs is lots of fun in mid. With his Q range you can poke most other mids before they can even see you.

Have seen Xin in mid...total fail, much better in lane and when fed used as a turret muncher.

AP Yi mid isnt too bad for something a bit different.

dxG Skumbagz

11-17-2012

Ahri/Ori, if your consistent with skillshots and can play aggressively and defensively.

SovietBlade

11-17-2012

malz, fizz, vlad.