I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sulale

11-17-2012

bamp for duh knowledge

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardrovan View Post
^this guy, so yeah you lol.

Edit : Btw on the 0/15/15 mao i was running attspd reds, armor seals, mr per lv blues and mov spd quints

Oh I see the issue. 21 is what it takes to hit end of tree. Blasted WoW still holds on me apparently. I'll go back and edit it. Took me a second.

So I managed to get on PBE. Took forever. Did a Jungle test game just now. 1/8/21 Trundle with a golems start. AD Reds and Arm Yellow are the only relevant runes. Started with Machete + Flask (which = 525 exact so with wealth I barely had it). Very interesting results.

I hit 4 at or a little faster then 4 mins in. I did Golems>Wraiths>Wolves>Blue and then did Red. Likely could have gotten 4 a little faster if I end on Golems though. Despite having no pots and only the flask I had no issues on that first clear. I killed Golem with plenty of health and mana left so I felt rather blue independent.

My own thoughts
-Spiritstone and it's Golem upgrade are great on Trundle. Them + the 3% lifesteal mastery and I didn't really miss lifesteal. Infinite sustain engine go!
-New Swiftness Boots are better then Merc treads on Trundle. Reducing the effect of slows and having a higher base MS feels so much smoother on a character that needs to dive in and out of melee.
-Despite having no pots and only the flask I had no issues on that first clear. Flask seems to give Trundle just enough mana to be really blue independent. The CDR is hard to replace though.
-8 Defense really felt sufficient as a baseline against the new Jungle. I think Safeguard over 1/2 Butcher is a good idea on Trundle but not every champion. I'd likely only go further into defense if I feel that champion needs the added defense vs champions.
-End of utility tree has some hard decisions if you go that far.
-Nimble is awesome.
-I misunderstood part of Machete. Definitely contributes more with with AS.

So yeah I really think more weird experimentation in Masteries is available now.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNog View Post
Who in the world jungles AD Malzahar?
His minon only last for 20 or so seconds, he has no sustain, he has no real ganking potential outside of his ultimate, and he would only slow down in jungle clear speed.
Except his minions can tank for him, netting him next to no damage taken. At which point he doesn't actually need sustain, since he's not taking damage. That said, at least as AP in current jungle, he has a hard time taking a blue buff by himself due to mana constraints (unless you build Chalice/RoA - not everyone does in every game). An AD Malzahar in the new jungle should actually be able to clear it faster, more so if going the Wriggle's route. Plus his voidlings scale off his AD and Armor Penetration. But then, Shyvana doesn't exactly have great ganking power outside her ultimate, either, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Holy Malevolence

11-17-2012

Is Akali doable now?

Tetramaster

11-17-2012

Jungle Karthus:

It's...hmmm

Well, he dips kinda low, but with a leash he clears with no issues at all and around 3:30~3:40, so pretty fast.

Häßlich

11-17-2012

+1 Stonewall

Vulking

11-17-2012

Anyone knows if Renekton would be able to jungle?

Eat Orange Be K

11-17-2012

I'ma tinker around with a few of the more unconventional junglers and report on if jungle is really that forgiving tonight. In particular, I just got into mind to give Yorick another look, as it just dawned on me just how potentially safe he could be with camps targetting pets.. He always had a kind of janky start and good farm potential after early clear (ganks are a potentially different subject), but being able to offload early aggro onto ghouls could have some real potential.

progenity

11-17-2012

everyone subscribe to stonewall... super informative, and I really like his sense of humor!

Tetramaster

11-17-2012

Jungle Cass: Works damn well.

Leashed Time: 3:20. 3 friggin 20. Used all pots though, and was at about 1/3rd HP. Mind you I went crazy and didn't save smite for red, instead ramboing the F*** out of it as soon as I was level 3. Smite came up after I killed red. If I opted to wait for smite and do it a little safer, I'd probably be at 2/3rds hp after the clear.

One thing to note: Stand beside whatever you're throwing fangs into. It decreases the CD as Twin Fangs refreshes when it HITS the poisoned target, letting you get more off in a shorter period of time. It sucks mana like a **** but with blue, it's not a problem.