@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

March

11-17-2012

Wow. That was beautiful.

Brohoof

11-17-2012

I love that movie

Sicarius a Umbra

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
didn't read it, but im sure it would have solved the problem that i didn't have in the first place.

>_>

: ok :

Fioracoming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
make sexy male champ ?

Zerglinator

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

Moby the White

11-17-2012

Parrot the next design she be a female ogre giant with a large club /t "fee fi foe fum I smell a little one "
completely geared in torn clothing like ragged pants freyed at the calfs no shoes big robust nose.
Her name is helga or something like that maybe olga. could have a swedish yoddler style skin with pigtails. She would trample and pound the ground around her with her club when she died shed yell timber

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-17-2012
2 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
*bows*

idDobie

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

Best red post ever.

You guys should have an awards ceremony where we vote for best post by a red.

This would win so hard.

ImNotClever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

Hey, IronStylus, pass this on to someone who could make this a joke... Just sayin'

Felix Croix
1 Day Ago
Look at these items
Aren't they neat?
Wouldn't you think that my build's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?
Look at this score
Assists untold
How many lanes can one support hold?
Looking around here you think
Sure, she's got everything
I've got actives and auras a-plenty
I've got elixirs and gold per galore
You want sight and vision wards?
I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more!

LouisLeGros

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

I love you parrot, but I've really been looking forward to you giving your opinion on the visual design of the latest female champions, especially in regards to some of your recent statements about future variety in female design (notably since I tweeted this post to you).

I can respect wanting to give a new artist freedom in design and acknowledging the importance of Nami's other attributes in regard to how she affects the game, but I'd love a meaty discussion in regard to why Elise and Nami look the way they do and your take on the perceived oversexualization and how it may or may not detract from their visual design.

I'm having a feeling I missed out on a reference in Iron's post that everyone else got.