Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
The question you're really asking is why you're so popular, Riven. That's why people are sending you recordings. People wish to curry your favor, and a recording is more personal than a written letter.

In a way... you can't fail, Riven. If anyone dares strike you down, it will start a war against whoever did it.

Shyvana
Popular or not, I'm not willing to place my life on that assertion alone. If someone wants me dead enough, it will happen regardless of popularity...

- Riven

Ask Shyvana

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Popular or not, I'm not willing to place my life on that assertion alone. If someone wants me dead enough, it will happen regardless of popularity...

- Riven
Not while I'm around, my dear exile. Not while I'm around.

Tremble before the power of a dragon.

Shyvana

Ask Riven

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Not while I'm around, my dear exile. Not while I'm around.

Tremble before the power of a dragon.

Shyvana
Yes, but Noxus is a long way from Demacia, Shyvana. Tend to your duties there. My life is my own. As long as I am within the Institute, only a fool would attempt to strike me down.

- Riven

Civilized Rat

11-16-2012

I agree, leave her to herself. If she dies, it won't be on your hands at all, the Summoners will be the ones to take punishment like they deserve. Things would be so much more pleasant without her wouldn't they?

AsktheCardmaster

11-16-2012

Quote:
Twisted Fate,

I've never really been fond of such things. I tend to put more stock in actions than words or indirect sayings and mysticism. Plus, your background as a conman doesn't particularly make me want to entrust my future to you so easily.

- Riven
Riven,

Ah won't blame ya' fer' not trustin', but yer're not leavin' yer' future in mah hands. It's more like Ah'm predictin a road you can take, but Ah can't alter it unless it deals directly with me.

-Twisted Fate

P.S. Plus yer' dream Noxus would have much more wealth ta' go around at the poker table then what Ah get now-a-days.

Cayssael

11-16-2012

Quote:
I do intend to return to Noxus eventually. It is my home, and nowhere else will ever change that. But, I must fight to change it when I return, so, I doubt a great many Noxians will welcome me with open arms when I do. Not all of them are like yourself and your sister, Summoner.

- Riven
There is one thing that many, if not all, Noxians respect: Strength. I'm sure that other Noxians will show you respect should you ever return.

-Summoner Cayssael.

Ps. Why do I have this feeling that I'm the only summoner asking questions?

Ask Riven

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheCardmaster View Post
Riven,

Ah won't blame ya' fer' not trustin', but yer're not leavin' yer' future in mah hands. It's more like Ah'm predictin a road you can take, but Ah can't alter it unless it deals directly with me.

-Twisted Fate

P.S. Plus yer' dream Noxus would have much more wealth ta' go around at the poker table then what Ah get now-a-days.
I'm surprised a card shark like yourself does not pick up more at all the bars and that awful place Talon runs. Either way, no person should know their future. Otherwise it will only lead to uncertainly and unease. I'd rather avoid both... I know my path, Fate, and having any look into my own future might only serve to throw me off of things, true or not. I'd rather take things as they come, for, in a way, I am more prepared when in the thick of things.

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayssael View Post
There is one thing that many, if not all, Noxians respect: Strength. I'm sure that other Noxians will show you respect should you ever return.

-Summoner Cayssael.

Ps. Why do I have this feeling that I'm the only summoner asking questions?
What constitutes "strength", however, differs depending on the Noxian you speak to, Summoner. Of course, I'm certain you already know that. Not all Noxians believe in my notion of what strength is, and they will most certainly fight to prove theirs superior to mine. I'd like to avoid more violence, but if I must fight for anything, fighting for a better Noxus and a stronger Noxus is worth every bit my body can give, and my life.

- Riven

Cayssael

11-16-2012

Quote:
What constitutes "strength", however, differs depending on the Noxian you speak to, Summoner. Of course, I'm certain you already know that. Not all Noxians believe in my notion of what strength is, and they will most certainly fight to prove theirs superior to mine. I'd like to avoid more violence, but if I must fight for anything, fighting for a better Noxus and a stronger Noxus is worth every bit my body can give, and my life.

- Riven
I am sure that all Noxians have the aim of a 'stronger Noxus' at heart, all that differs is our methods. Some see it through blood, others see it through knowledge.

-Summoner Cayssael.

Ask Riven

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayssael View Post
I am sure that all Noxians have the aim of a 'stronger Noxus' at heart, all that differs is our methods. Some see it through blood, others see it through knowledge.

-Summoner Cayssael.
And both, at times, can be valid. But the current Noxus, corrupted and blackened and broken as it is, cannot stand on its own two feet. We rely on the technologies and military strength of our ally, Zaun, rather than picking ourselves up, and striving to be better than that, in many ways. This mindset is slowly strangling and stifling our strength, and these cowardly tactics undermine what it means to be strong and honorable. I fight to change that, and change Noxus for the better. It will not be easy, but it is something I must do. I'm glad, though, to have Noxians like you supporting my cause. It gives me hope that my errand is not so foolish and idealistic after all...

- Riven

Cayssael

11-17-2012

Quote:
And both, at times, can be valid. But the current Noxus, corrupted and blackened and broken as it is, cannot stand on its own two feet. We rely on the technologies and military strength of our ally, Zaun, rather than picking ourselves up, and striving to be better than that, in many ways. This mindset is slowly strangling and stifling our strength, and these cowardly tactics undermine what it means to be strong and honorable. I fight to change that, and change Noxus for the better. It will not be easy, but it is something I must do. I'm glad, though, to have Noxians like you supporting my cause. It gives me hope that my errand is not so foolish and idealistic after all...

- Riven
You flatter me, Lady Riven. I am but one summoner struggling to look after a limbless sibling, but the likes of Lady Katarina or Lady Sivir do not support your ideals? I am surprised that not more Noxians support you (Though Demacians would no doubt support you).

-Summoner Cayssael.