Hotkey's Not Working

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiceMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2009

*bump*

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-24-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Riceman, can you please attach a dxdiag to this post?

Dxdiag info

reapermaster

11-24-2009

sorry about the delay riceman, I was gone most of the weekend. go into your device manager and delete all the USB controllers. make sure you have your keyboard and mouse installed in 2 separate USB controllers.

If you have a PS/2 mouse or keyboard I would recommend plugging that in for when the USB eventually dies.

After you have deleted all the USB controllers you can either reboot your computer or if you still have a working keyboard or mouse you can go to the top of hte device manager and select scan for changes. whole process can take about 10 minutes from start to finish.

lESWf0kRrzqxVxSb

11-26-2009

guess same goes for me then..
ill check if it works hang on

lESWf0kRrzqxVxSb

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
sorry about the delay riceman, I was gone most of the weekend. go into your device manager and delete all the USB controllers. make sure you have your keyboard and mouse installed in 2 separate USB controllers.

If you have a PS/2 mouse or keyboard I would recommend plugging that in for when the USB eventually dies.

After you have deleted all the USB controllers you can either reboot your computer or if you still have a working keyboard or mouse you can go to the top of hte device manager and select scan for changes. whole process can take about 10 minutes from start to finish.
Not working for me.. just tried it :/... but where do you scan i cant find it.. got any printscreen or something?

lESWf0kRrzqxVxSb

11-30-2009

Any wrenchmen here?! :S sigh

grogtastic

12-03-2009

I have the same problem. Im running windows 7 x64 as well and have a razer lycosa keyboard. Ive tried it with other keyboards once the problem occurs and nothing happens. I guess its possible that the lycosa is causing the problem in the first place. Anyway deleting my installed usb devices then letting windows repair them fixes the problem but it comes back again after a few games. It always seems to happen after i close the chat window.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-03-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

There is a game crash relating to in-game chat that we're working on that may be related to this problem. As far as fixing the problem right now, there isn't much I can tell you to do besides what Reaper mentioned and installing the latest drivers. You may also want to check any programs associated with your keyboard that could be interfering with LoL (any driver control panels or something like that). I reported the issue to an engineer so eventually there may be a fix from our end, but it will be a few patches away.

RiceMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2009

Sorry for the delay, went home for Thanksgiving and didn't play but I haven't had a single problem sense coming back. If you still want my dxdiag and stuff I'll be more than willing to get it. And thanks for making sure this is heard out Jesse. It's great hearing from Riot people. (Not forgetting the wrench men)

TaI Rasha

12-10-2009

Just happened to me as well, normal PS/2 keyboard.

Since Europe just got the Udyr patch I suspect it has something to do with it. 200+ games on the previous patch and never had an issue, only 6 games on the new patch and my keyboard doesn't work in game, works for chat as the others above me.

1234567 ... 9