@Riot(nome?) - We need an option to disable honor ribbons

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

11-16-2012

I play ranked Twisted Treeline at a high level where there is a relatively small pool of players. Often times after finishing a game an requeue-ing you get matched against the same team you just played.

Here's the problem:

We all have honor ribbons, and it is a dead giveaway that our opponents are facing the same team when they see the triple honor ribbons in champ select again. Now all of a sudden they have information we do not, and they can target bans against us which creates an unfair advantage. This is not a hypothetical situation, this has happened to us several times.

Solution:

1) Don't show honor ribbons to the opposing team in champion select
2) Have an option to disable your honor ribbon from appearing.

Thoughts?

MrChunkz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Not like it matters. We beat them anyway.

Goggris

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
Not like it matters. We beat them anyway.
I still prefer an even playing field.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I don't think we'd change how ribbons are displayed, sorry. Lyte might have a better answer for you.

Of course, the real solution is to spam honorable opponents :3

scazzaf

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
I play ranked Twisted Treeline at a high level where there is a relatively small pool of players. Often times after finishing a game an requeue-ing you get matched against the same team you just played.

Here's the problem:

We all have honor ribbons, and it is a dead giveaway that our opponents are facing the same team when they see the triple honor ribbons in champ select again. Now all of a sudden they have information we do not, and they can target bans against us which creates an unfair advantage. This is not a hypothetical situation, this has happened to us several times.

Solution:

Thoughts?
This is actually something I agree with 100%, my team often had their most powerful champions banned out right after the opposing team saw our ribbon configuration. Not to mention its a dead giveaway when you face a team for a second time in a row and now they know how to assemble their team comp to counter you.

FearAzrael

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I don't think we'd change how ribbons are displayed, sorry. Lyte might have a better answer for you.

Of course, the real solution is to spam honorable opponents :3
Reasoning?

HaIfhearted

11-16-2012

Try sending in a support ticket asking for your honor ribbon to be removed.

Like you said, being able to figure out your opposition from ribbons is just stupid.
Plus, those ribbons are ugly ^_^

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Asking Lyte about it

Silphire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post

Here's the problem:

Solution:

Thoughts?
I agree and also prefer having an even playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Asking Lyte about it
Thanks!

Lint Wizard

11-16-2012

I'd also very much like the option to choose which ribbon we display. I value the Good Teammate hats far more than the easily-earned Honorable Opponent for a variety of reasons, and I'd rather show off that I have at least one of them.