Season 3 Items in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Season 3 Items Excluded

• Hunter's Machete, Spirit Stone, and its upgrades will be absent due to the lack of jungle in Dominion.
  • Homeguard Enchantment is not included because it'd likely have negative ramifications towards build diversity and strategy.
  • Liandry's Lament is a weaker version of Blackfire Torch, and will be left out due to differences in champion viability.
  • Ohmwrecker will also be removed due to there being no traditional turrets in Dominion.
  • Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone will not be available, as wards are not available.

Atraii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

These changes make sense.

Which would be explained by everyone at riot being a robot, since robots are logical and all...

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm of the opinion that TT (and Dom) should have less options than SR--just different ones--so consider this a continuation of a transitory state.
Could you elaborate on your thought process on this point Nome?

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

NO! THEY DON'T! I NEED TO WARD, otherwise known as, TEEMO'S BUSH! THAT LITTLE SQUIRT KEEPS SHROOMIN'! I NEED TO SEE WHEN HE SHROOMS SO I CAN KILL HIM. TERRIBLE! JUST TERRIBLE!

On a side note, I do not like Teemo.

Sfawas

11-16-2012

Any thoughts on the Wraith Collar? It crosses the map on dominion it seems.

Orphane

11-16-2012

Good stuff so far. Any thoughts about Wraith Collar, Nome? Even if it is on a 2 minute cooldown, it seemed like the wraiths had insane chase range.

Also Banner of Command ? Sure the Promoted Minion pushes, but minions don't deal damage to towers in Dom.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Could you elaborate on your thought process on this point Nome?
I meant to say "should NOT" have less options. Fixed the typo

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by admron View Post
Any thoughts on the Wraith Collar? It crosses the map on dominion it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Good stuff so far. Any thoughts about Wraith Collar, Nome? Even if it is on a 2 minute cooldown, it seemed like the wraiths had insane chase range.

Also Banner of Command ? Sure the Promoted Minion pushes, but minions don't deal damage to towers in Dom.
I'm going to leave Wraith Collar in for now. Same with Banner of Command; it should be tangentially useful for pushing capture points.

TechPrince

11-16-2012

What about Blackfire Torch? Every AP champ is rushing this item and literally snowballing. This items wasn't required, it just made strong characters overpowered. Why cant you disable this item from dominion?(since hextech sweeper is already present and similar AD version is disabled on this map AND DFG is getting buffed.. alot..).

On side note, with these new items there will be many cases of champion x getting overpowered with item y. So please keep an eye on this.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
What about Blackfire Torch? Every AP champ is rushing this item and literally snowballing. This items wasn't required, it just made strong characters overpowered. Why cant you disable this item from dominion?(since hextech sweeper is already present and similar AD version is disabled on this map AND DFG is getting buffed.. alot..).

On side note, with these new items there will be many cases of champion x getting overpowered with item y. So please keep an eye on this.
BFT is an item I'd like to see work on the map, after it's balanced. It's getting a lot of nerfs for next patch.