Viktor for Viktoryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Uh oh.. this is part of one of my past versions of work on Viktor that got mixed into the chaos. Sorry for exciting you guys with something that's still a bit off. Viktor will not be different in the PBE.

He is still not going to come anytime very soon as he needs more work, but since you've seen this version feel free to give me feedback on them to utilize
I'd love to give some feedback. First though a few questions:

How old is this version (as in, am I about to give feedback on something that's been long iterated past, and I should therefore make my feedback more general)? Are you planning on allowing mixing-and-matching of Tier 1 and Tier 2 upgrades? Are you planning on allowing us to sell or swap augments for a small fee?

Did the Tier 2 upgrades just improve stats and Chaos Storm, or did they also improve upon the existing augments' functionalities (e.g., how death ray is 30% longer).

Quote:
Also, this version is broken, don't try denying it lol. I intentionally overtuned to see how the effects feel.
Yeah, the 1000 gold void staff sounded too good to be true. And 2-second silence? Oh my god.

Gaminex

11-15-2012

Attachment 558795

Super Explosion

11-15-2012

Quote:
Uh oh.. this is part of one of my past versions of work on Viktor that got mixed into the chaos. Sorry for exciting you guys with something that's still a bit off. Viktor will not be different in the PBE.

He is still not going to come anytime very soon as he needs more work, but since you've seen this version feel free to give me feedback on them to utilize

Also, this version is broken, don't try denying it lol. I intentionally overtuned to see how the effects feel.
Say, Solcrushed, while you are around, about the feel of casting Viktor's laser:

Can you make it so that if we cast it outside of the minimum range circle, he doesn't run there, but casts with that same angle just at the edge?

So he can really take advantage of his ability to cast while moving, instead of stopping, or turning around, or the like.

Edit: I posted this in the main rework thread, but PRETTY PLEASE.

Call Me Khal

11-15-2012

Solcrushed nooooooo

GhostStalker

11-15-2012

Quote:

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy

Piecetinker

11-15-2012

Quote:

Haha sorry if I posted this leaked information....although I feel that this is a great chance for Viktor to actually shine.

The new Q augment open up lots of options for how to build him. Especially going with a Rod of Ages, Rylai, (other tanky ap items). He might be able to even top lane with this sort of build.

His W opens up a new way to change a match up, by having a larger field (even if its 20% larger) can change a team fight drastically.

His E allows him to do more burst damage late game which he currently falls short in our current games.

Those stats do seem a little broken and I wouldn't mind you decreasing the effects a bit, but we should see how they plan out in an actual game.

I also love how you inserted a Chaos Storm effect for each of these augments, you are my hero!

ShiznazTM

11-15-2012

Quote:

Yeah I was wondering why it was so OP. Thank you for not making him OP

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Also, a necessary addition to this thread: Solcrushed ONCE AGAIN lives up to his name. This and more at eleven.

Whatever, once the servers get themselves together I'll go back to dominating (most of) my Viktor games.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

11-15-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
I'd love to give some feedback. First though a few questions:

How old is this version (as in, am I about to give feedback on something that's been long iterated past, and I should therefore make my feedback more general)? Are you planning on allowing mixing-and-matching of Tier 1 and Tier 2 upgrades? Are you planning on allowing us to sell or swap augments for a small fee?

Yeah, the 1000 gold void staff sounded too good to be true. And 2-second silence? Oh my god.
It's not THAT old as far as iterations go (like 2 iterations back) but it might as well be VERY old since S3 happened. (30% magic pen is pretty much nuts in the context of S3)

I am not planning on mixing and matching as I am being careful in controlling the amount of complexity on the character and feel that restricting the upgrades actually opens design space in more interesting ways. (i.e I can intentionally make one tier 1 upgrade bad and the tier 2 upgrade really good or vice versa)

Gaminex

11-15-2012

Quote:

Sir, this is on the right track. In fact, if you just gave us slightly toned down versions of each, and maybe buff the range on his Q, I'm sure everyone here would be satisfied.