Cooldown reduction and skills

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyony

09-28-2010

Since i hope everybody knows what CD reduction is, i will get straight to the topic.
I've had a lot of moments were for instance, my ultimate was on cooldown, with a 100 sec time left, then i got the gollem buff with a fresh 25% cd reduction, so why wouldnt that lower my cooldown to 75 seconds? The point is, why does cooldown reduction only apply to skills that are not currently in cooldown.

Would like to see some arguments from the forum here

Greetz

Cyony

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Uhm...so if I have a 100 second cooldown, then my cd is now 20 seconds, and I get golem buff...back to 75 seconds?

kioik

09-28-2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the blue buff increases the tick rate on your spells in cool down.

SlimePezza

09-28-2010

What ?

Sfyri Ithikos

09-28-2010

It's one of those things where the cooldown already has it's set timer, so it won't cooldown sooner then that.

Nybass

09-28-2010

Because it's extremely wonky in some situations. For example, lets say you have a 100 sec CD ulti, and you have no base CDR. You had buff on when you casted it so and you're at lvl 18, thus timer goes to 75 seconds.

So at the 75 second mark, you get your ulti back. But the way you suggested it, if at the 76 second mark you LOSE the golem buff, your ulti would be on CD again for 24 more seconds. Yeah, pretty wonky.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

09-28-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybass View Post
Because it's extremely wonky in some situations. For example, lets say you have a 100 sec CD ulti, and you have no base CDR. You had buff on when you casted it so and you're at lvl 18, thus timer goes to 75 seconds.

So at the 75 second mark, you get your ulti back. But the way you suggested it, if at the 76 second mark you LOSE the golem buff, your ulti would be on CD again for 24 more seconds. Yeah, pretty wonky.
That's a good way of putting it.

Walking in and out of Soul Shroud, getting and losing Golem buff... Basically once a timer has started, messing with it just feels weird.

Karbon

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
That's a good way of putting it.

Walking in and out of Soul Shroud, getting and losing Golem buff... Basically once a timer has started, messing with it just feels weird.
I had always just figured that it was applying the CDR in a % or per tick kind of way when entering Soul Shroud etc.

So if I cast my ult while in Soul Shroud but walk away, I have the CDR, but if I cast my ult then walk into Soul Shroud I get nothing.

That seems odd too :/

Nite

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybass View Post

You wouldn't actually set it to 24 seconds. You would lose a % of CDR, in this case 25% and if it's at 1 second on its cooldown, 25% reduction does not make it 24 seconds. Instead it would be like 1.25s. Anyways as Phreak explained, they don't mess with it once the timer is started to avoid any confusion.

lZN5nmfDBTc1bgRT

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
I had always just figured that it was applying the CDR in a % or per tick kind of way when entering Soul Shroud etc.

So if I cast my ult while in Soul Shroud but walk away, I have the CDR, but if I cast my ult then walk into Soul Shroud I get nothing.

That seems odd too :/
wow yea, gotta pay attention to this from now on.