Blackfire Broken

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBuwberry View Post
I think people need to rethink their math just a little bit. I'ts not the normal mages that are causing the problem. It's the mages with DoT's(Swain, Brand, Teemo, Singed, etc.) that are causing the problem. The DoT resets the 3 second duration for every tick effectively reseting BFT to 3 secs until the last tick. I single Teemo shroom does Shroom dmg + 10% of you max hp over the duration( not 5%.) In swains case since he has a 4 second dot in e can burn you for nearly 12% of your max hp with 1 spell + the spell itself.

Overall riot has given every mage brand's passive and made the DoT mages that were already strong, even stronger.

And in brands case your going to lose 8% +10%(BFT) of your max health for every brand spell + the initial brand dmg. You have to cut the DoT dmg in half or else DoT mages will be clearly superior in the crystal scar compared to every other mage.

I also play swain and i got to nearly 90k dmg on swain and that's a new record for me, since i build swain to 3.5k health and super tanky.

Beware the AP bruisers are coming if this isn't fixed, all the new mages you were trying to make viable, just got outclassed.

The Item is Balanced once you 1/2 the dmg of DoT's, because DoT's are doing 2x the dmg as intended.
Actually is 1.67% per second so it's actually not 10%

VoidInsanity

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Actually is 1.67% per second so it's actually not 10%
Wrong. I already explained the math in another topic about how it interacts with DoT Skills. The Blackfire damage will last for the duration of the dot +2. Brands dot lasts 4 seconds, so you'll get 6 blackfire ticks, 10% in total. The damage per second works out as 3.67% for the first 4 seconds and then 1.67% for the final 2, 18% in total for brands case. Same applies to teemo since shroom dot lasts 4 seconds, you'll get 6 ticks.

Painkillar

11-14-2012

Blackfire has caused teemo induced ptsd. everytime i enter a brush, it all comes back and i start to get chills, and memories come flooding back of the War of the Mushroom. Sometimes, i don't sleep at night....

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

To add to this thread, I don't know if Nome is still reading it.

This might be out of the scope of changes, but changing the point layout of Dominion would probably be the best.

Making it a rhombus/Diamond, instead of a pentagon, and replacing the storm buff with a central capture point. I personally believe this to be a more optimal layout than the current map.

------------------x

x----------------x----------------x

------------------x

Makes for a stronger central point that the entire team can contest, and makes for contesting other points and backdooring as more viable strategies. It removes the "Laning" of bottom.

Painkillar

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
To add to this thread, I don't know if Nome is still reading it.

This might be out of the scope of changes, but changing the point layout of Dominion would probably be the best.

Making it a rhombus/Diamond, instead of a pentagon, and replacing the storm buff with a central capture point. I personally believe this to be a more optimal layout than the current map.

------------------x

------------------x

Makes for a stronger central point that the entire team can contest, and makes for contesting other points and backdooring as more viable strategies. It removes the "Laning" of bottom.
For all the bot lane haters, we salute this idea. only issue i see is that if a team got wiped out, the opposing team would take every point if they got on the good end of a team fight.

Lameador

11-14-2012

I think it would be good, but I agree with painkiller here, if you win mid, is too easy to go to a 4 point conquest there. It can be compensated thought, I think the major problem is that is a MAJOR rework.

Lycantrip

11-15-2012

@Riot, please read: I love the item. Perhaps lowering it to 3 or 4% max life would even the playing field without taking too much away. AP casters are so far behind the other roles its about time they got the spotlight for a change. BTW I'm completely unbiased, i typically play AD bruisers and carries because that's what works for me. But I enjoy being able to switch it up now.

Edit: My only REAL problem with the item, is that it seems absolutely necessary to gain an edge. This means that 1 item slot is effectively locked out. Add in boots and Wooglet's cap and there really isn't very much diversity in builds anymore. So you fixed one problem, and created an entirely different problem. You've been talking about how in your SR preseason you are striving to leave us options but this item really doesn't do that. I hope to see more items like this one in the future to perhaps vary up peoples builds/play style. All in all this is a much better problem to have than a handful of completely nonviable champs. Personally it doesn't take away much fun because ultimately there's skill left in how one plays the champion.

Lycantrip

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlen View Post
to add to this thread, i don't know if nome is still reading it.

This might be out of the scope of changes, but changing the point layout of dominion would probably be the best.

Making it a rhombus/diamond, instead of a pentagon, and replacing the storm buff with a central capture point. I personally believe this to be a more optimal layout than the current map.

------------------x

------------------x

makes for a stronger central point that the entire team can contest, and makes for contesting other points and backdooring as more viable strategies. It removes the "laning" of bottom.
bump

Tempestphile

11-15-2012

Hmm, I have some weird thoughts

Alongisde the stats / gold adjustments

What if these were changed to the passive
a) Damage % based on missing health, 2% damage over 3sec for every 30% health missing
So 100=70% health = 2% damage, 70-40% health = 4% damage, 40-10% health = 6%, the rest = 8%
b) Charge lowered to say 18, and passive only reapplies every 1.25sec

why?

a) Getting hit by a Teemo shroom right after you respawn will not be as devasting as it is currently, because you will have 100% hp (or close to that). but if you run away low health and hit a shroom, with or without BFT, you are likely to die anyway.
On the other hand, if you face say Cass, they are constantly damaging you, and your health will drop, eventually to the point BFT is just as effective as it is right now

b) Another reason Teemo shroom is so powerful is it reapplies the dot consistently. But Teemo does not have to be there, so you can't kill him or have no chance to kill him. On the other hand, if you are playing say Swain, you get 1 less reapply on your E dot, but since you are in the middle of a fight, your dot will still reapply consistently (until you die)

MMKH

11-15-2012

BFT works on physical spells too apparently, like Corki's Gatling Gun and Ashe's Volley. It's too strong and needs the AOE and DoTs nerfed. Probably could use an AP ratio like DFG that makes buying actual AP mandatory for it to do good damage.