The Tribunal and Justice Rating, People Seeking Power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeaverPhresh

11-15-2012

I was disgusted to find that under the "Justice Rating" there was things such as "players perma banned" listed. I'm not sure what purpose this function of "justice rating" could serve beside making people who are butt hurt and want their retribution satisfied. Or to satisfy people who are seeking some form of authority/power. The statistic isn't even necessary in any way besides to the things I've listed. The tribunal for the community isn't about improving, the majority of people who do it are in fact angry at non-related games they lost or the odd troll the may have met, and yet all their rage is taken out in the tribunal and its cases.

P.S I've never been banned. I just find the tribunal system to be a horrible and lazy way of trying to "fix" a community.
P.S Down vote me (but with no reason behind it you are simply an ape in the rift.)

BeaverPhresh

11-15-2012

Not trying to make blanket statements I just feel this is the general case, and how the tribunal is used for the wrong purposes

1st HanarSpectre

11-15-2012

I've also never been banned, or warned and even got free RP for being a good summoner, and just like you I question the tribunal. Giving power to the biased, fickle and vindictive player base has never really been a good idea in my opinion.

Cronovey

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverFresh View Post
The tribunal for the community isn't about improving, the majority of people who do it are in fact angry at non-related games they lost or the odd troll the may have met, and yet all their rage is taken out in the tribunal.
Would you like to provide any actual evidence of this?

I go to the Tribunal to try and help improve the community, not because I'm getting trolled in games. In fact, I actually do the Tribunal from my phone app most of the time while I have spare time between classes and things like that, so it has nothing to do with rage or trolls and everything to do with enjoying the game and wanting to make it a better place.

If you have such a poor opinion of Tribunal users and think their judgements are wrong, then get active in the Tribunal yourself and try to make a difference in these supposed evil-doers.

harry13aals

11-15-2012

I just started tribunal Monday, and I have to say I LOVE seeing people get permabanned. That said, I judge each case on its own merits and I don't decide the punishment, Riot does. Is it wrong to be happy when players who ruin games are permabanned? No way! People complain about tribunal so often, but I don't know anyone who received a punishment that didn't deserve it. If people only treated each other online as they do irl, there'd never be a problem.

BeaverPhresh

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
Would you like to provide any actual evidence of this?

I go to the Tribunal to try and help improve the community, not because I'm getting trolled in games. In fact, I actually do the Tribunal from my phone app most of the time while I have spare time between classes and things like that, so it has nothing to do with rage or trolls and everything to do with enjoying the game and wanting to make it a better place.

If you have such a poor opinion of Tribunal users and think their judgements are wrong, then get active in the Tribunal yourself and try to make a difference in these supposed evil-doers.
I believe the people using the tribunal are the worst of all, since the system its just a way for people to farm free ip, or take out their anger from previous experiences. Yes there is those perfect humans who just want to make the whole planet a better place by using the tribunal... but I just cant see that being many.

BeaverPhresh

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry13aals View Post
I just started tribunal Monday, and I have to say I LOVE seeing people get permabanned. That said, I judge each case on its own merits and I don't decide the punishment, Riot does. Is it wrong to be happy when players who ruin games are permabanned? No way! People complain about tribunal so often, but I don't know anyone who received a punishment that didn't deserve it. If people only treated each other online as they do irl, there'd never be a problem.
What a nice example of how your rage is funneled into the tribunal, and how you're getting pleasure from people being permabanned because you had a few bad experiences.

Cronovey

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverFresh View Post
I believe the people using the tribunal are the worst of all, since the system its just a way for people to farm free ip, or take out their anger from previous experiences.
And this is an example of your own lack of knowledge. The Tribunal stopped giving out IP for correct cases months ago. At this point, seeing how many players have been banned and your Justice Rating is the only "reward" available for doing the Tribunal.

Now here's something to think about. Do you enjoy being trolled in your games? No? Have you ever reported a troll after the game and thought, "Man, I never want to play with that guy again"? Are you going to shed a tear after this player gets banned and champion their cause to become unbanned?

Most likely not, so you're just as pleased he got banned as these "evil Tribunal users" who like to see that players have been banned. Is it wrong to take satisfaction in knowing that you've made your community better?

Dischu

11-15-2012

Saw a guy get suspended or perm banned for using emotes ... pretty much knew Tribunal was a joke from there on out. I refuse to even speak in all chat, or team chat really in games now for fear I'll show up in the tribunal. Half those people just click punish and move on.

yutao123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

many cases on tribunal are pardoned i dont see whats the problem
they have to be pusnihed many many times to be perma banned if thats the case i dont think its just that u got unlucky with alot of angry voters