I always win lanes but lose games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Live Lavish

11-15-2012

Hi i main teemo, malz, morde, shaco, anivia, nidalee, akali, cait, and talon and i have this problem where i seem to always win my lane but then i lose the game. I know it's not my problem because i win my lane and that's 90% of the time spent in an average game, i must have bad luck with team mates, right?

TNine27

11-15-2012

Haha, win lane=win game is just an annoying though process.

But why is Anivia on that list? She's a teamfighting terror.

The Hue man

11-15-2012

well, it depends on how you roam, and when you do.
if you take towers earlier, or wait until after to deny the most from your opposing laner

also it depends in what you think "winning your lane" is

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-15-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

If your goal is to win your lane, then you're doing great.

If your goal is to win the game, you should stop focusing on 'winning your lane' as a barometer for anything other than a early/mid game advantage. Because that's really all that it is.

I'd personally much rather have a teammate who knew when to group up as five, knew how to stay positive and constructive when teammates were losing lanes, and knew how not to panic than a player with superior motor skills that couldn't do those things.

It's easy to think of this game as purely about your own skill and how you can properly execute your micro- and those aspects are important- but so much of this game is about showing leadership, teamwork, patience, and striving to carry players who are simply not at your skill level. That's a part of the game. You can ignore it or get frustrated by it or get angry at everyone who is 'not on your level', but a player's ability to accept that simple fact and adapt is crucial to any success in solo que.

And never is that more apparent then when we do these soft-resets and all of a sudden Diamond level players are playing with Bronze players... and the two have very different habits in their approach to the game. Solo Que rewards leaders. It rewards players who are patient with lanes that are feeding. It rewards players who adapt to a lane that's losing and offer to swap or take time to focus or teach players how they can play more passively. Solo Que rewards players who verbally offer support to their teammates, because a team that goes on tilt is incredibly easy to beat- and you are a factor in every game, in either a positive or negative way, on whether you or your teammates go on tilt.

Winning your lane is good- don't get me wrong- but leadership wins games.

swordcookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Whoosh

DaedricChampion

11-15-2012

dont forget leblanc

Ovelord Malzahar

11-15-2012

Genious too much genious.

being able to be a positive directing force in your games is paramount.

Win lane, balance losing lanes, group for smart objectives, give constructive criticism, tell the support where to ward, ward for your team no matter your role.

fevercry

11-15-2012

i like to see how much i can cause rage and STILL win the game

Taenshi

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
If your goal is to win your lane, then you're doing great.

If your goal is to win the game, you should stop focusing on 'winning your lane' as a barometer for anything other than a early/mid game advantage. Because that's really all that it is.

I'd personally much rather have a teammate who knew when to group up as five, knew how to stay positive and constructive when teammates were losing lanes, and knew how not to panic than a player with superior motor skills that couldn't do those things.

It's easy to think of this game as purely about your own skill and how you can properly execute your micro- and those aspects are important- but so much of this game is about showing leadership, teamwork, patience, and striving to carry players who are simply not at your skill level. That's a part of the game. You can ignore it or get frustrated by it or get angry at everyone who is 'not on your level', but a player's ability to accept that simple fact and adapt is crucial to any success in solo que.

And never is that more apparent then when we do these soft-resets and all of a sudden Diamond level players are playing with Bronze players... and the two have very different habits in their approach to the game. Solo Que rewards leaders. It rewards players who are patient with lanes that are feeding. It rewards players who adapt to a lane that's losing and offer to swap or take time to focus or teach players how they can play more passively. Solo Que rewards players who verbally offer support to their teammates, because a team that goes on tilt is incredibly easy to beat- and you are a factor in every game, in either a positive or negative way, on whether you or your teammates go on tilt.

Winning your lane is good- don't get me wrong- but leadership wins games.
Indeed.

I have had so many games where we are behind, losing nearly all lanes, and everything looks terrible. At this point I just say

"Ok guys, group top, mid, or bot as 5 and gank the lane/take tower then roam together. Sure you are individually all behind the enemy team, however, it isn't very hard to close the gap once you get 1-3 free kills and a tower or two before the enemy team gets a clue and decides to group up.

Vonricter

11-15-2012

and then no one got the joke