Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrevax

11-15-2012

I like the look of the new UI. The new checkbox-style should make it easier to find specific items, in my opinion.

Will the search function be able to find my red sodas, clothes, and doubleswords with those exact words in the text entry box, Riot Reinboom?

TheEnigmaBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Not initially and that's a feature that's still under investigation. Our priority was first getting a more manageable and faster to use interface.

I did make sure to setup an API similar to the current item shop's recommended item override API, for the sake of our power users out there.
That's good! I'm not out of a job yet.

Sloshula

11-15-2012

Hey just though I'd stop in and say good job on the new UI. It's pretty spiffy. The fonts could us some work, but you guys already said you're working on it. So...
Yeah. Overall great!
Carry on, then.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

What does the Shop display when no filters are selected? Consumables maybe? Is there a way to instantly clear the filters/search bar?

Steven2946

11-15-2012

awesome.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-15-2012
32 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
Hey Riot Reinboom, why don't you tell everybody about all those champions you've balanced?
Oh sure!
Did you know that a not-anchored Nautilus and Xerath weigh approximately the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadzar View Post
How long before that happens? the existence of the Custom RI API, pretty much made the item shop the quickest it could possibly be, and anything removing it would be backwards design. this is from a solely searching-the-thing aspect, as you or someone already noted the filters wont have all available keywords, and the search will be based on thing that people wont really all know what special "common terms" to search for, unless there is a list provided of those terms, for example SLOW being a term or AURA, for someone wanting that ability from an item.

The current shop search function is definitely constrained within the categories, and the new one does APPEAR to provide more functionality of search, but still not quite as intuitive as the API that currently exists.

It is very hard to tell at current with only an image here and in the news with what appears and should be the LIST VIEW. More images of the different views and what would be seen when selecting an item and HOW to get from one item to another through upgrading would be helping to really discuss more and identify what is going on with the new shop.
I have posted an example of the grid view in a recent post.

The API for recommended items is already implemented, I was very careful about not accidentally messing power users up that much. For the final format of that API, you'll need to wait at least until the item shop is present in the PBE though.

WildIrishRose

11-15-2012

I understand if this is skipped, and has been asked, but can champs have different recommend builds? Like for example teemo is recommended as ad, but I prefer him ap, any chance that both ap and ad will be listed instead of just ad or just ap? There's quite a few champs that can be built either way and play extremely well.

Also do supports have wards in the recommended? That would be awesome, as I usually main support champions like sona and lulu, and wards can be a bit clunky to get to to buy, especially if I'm building other items as well.

Xyltin

11-15-2012

A DFG remake? That is awesome.

ListeTyven

11-15-2012

@riot Reinboom,

are you gonna make an option for us to make our own recommended build and save it for future games? i would like a answer as quick as possible

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-15-2012
33 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestrinast View Post
What does the Shop display when no filters are selected? Consumables maybe? Is there a way to instantly clear the filters/search bar?
It reverts to the "All Items" category.
Which is all items.

Since changing categories sends the scroll list to the top, this actually makes getting to cheap and consumable items rather convenient in my experience since all those get filtered to the top by incident (being low total cost and all).