Will highest rating still be the major factor in S3?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

11-15-2012

Just wondering if that was something special they did for the end of S2, or if that is how it will always be now?

I kind of liked the change... I had stopped playing ranked in S2 because I didn't want to get on an unlucky streak, but if it's only your highest that matters it encourages people to play a lot more.

Anyone know?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-15-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Season 3 will work differently in many ways. It won't exactly use highest rating, but once the season starts there will be something similar that ensures that playing more can only help you earn better rewards.

Edit: Note that the medals that show on your profile right now (if you've finished your placement matches) are not necessarily indicative of rewards that you've qualified for in Season 3. The preseason is still showing the Season 2 requirements. There are big changes coming and you'll have to wait until Season 3 actually starts to see what tier you're in with the new ruleset. That said, attaining a higher Elo during the preseason will of course count towards your standings in Season 3.

migty1joe

11-15-2012

Interesting.

C00LStoryJoe

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Season 3 will work differently in many ways. It won't exactly use highest rating, but once the season starts there will be something similar that ensures that playing more can only help you earn better rewards.

Edit: Note that the medals that show on your profile right now (if you've finished your placement matches) are not necessarily indicative of rewards that you've qualified for in Season 3. The preseason is still showing the Season 2 requirements. There are big changes coming and you'll have to wait until Season 3 actually starts to see what tier you're in with the new ruleset. That said, attaining a higher Elo during the preseason will of course count towards your standings in Season 3.
So my ranked stats and my current elo and all that stuff for the pre season will still be the same in season 3?

mr Chronics

11-15-2012

Quote:

Change it so that people can't use another teams hard-earned diamond/plat 3v3/5v5 team and play for days hoping they get 5 wins in. Stupid abuse of the system if you ask me.

ZzLegendary

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LStoryJoe View Post
So my ranked stats and my current elo and all that stuff for the pre season will still be the same in season 3?
Yes ofc

IalreadyHateYou

11-15-2012

Quote:

Vague Riot response about Season 3 #45453544534534643

Anklespankin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-15-2012

Yeah!

HeatSeekingNuke

11-15-2012

Quote:

Does this mean the fact that Season 2 only shows 8 of my 200+ ranked games is an oversight that will be fixed for Season 3, or that I haven't got a silver border even though I reached 1350 and was 1300+ for a long time in Season 2? (EUW account, not this one, same name if anyone wants to look into it)

Seystuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

so, basically, screw the one-month system that has proven to be better than previous