Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geicocaveman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Is there no Gold forum badge for S2?

XseekerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

hmmm

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-15-2012
19 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltNinjA View Post
Why hasn't the ladder updated yet?
Good question. We're working on a couple things with the ladders right now: 1) get an archived version of the final Season 2 standings up on the site and 2) come up with a plan for fixing the fact that it's been consistently failing to update for a long time now. This is especially important with the Season 3 Path to Pro ladder qualifications happening during the Preseason.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-15-2012
20 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
@ Riot, if we haven't received a forum badge for season 2, but have earned it, when can we expect it to appear?
You should have received it by now. Submit a Player Support ticket and they can look into it.

Numba Wan Kenobi

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You should have received it by now. Submit a Player Support ticket and they can look into it.
How about answer my post.

Thanks.

Libra

11-15-2012

Yegg, I'm very curious as to why I haven't received my silver border but my friend who has a lower elo than me has. We are both 1300+ elo in solo queue. Have all the rewards not been given out yet?

OrangeCon

11-15-2012

I got a Bronze rating in Solo Queue in S2 but I have yet to receive either an icon or a trim, has it not been released to everyone yet? I'm 100% sure I was Bronze.

Ferretus Maximus

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
There are a lot of small reasons, but the main one is that we have big plans for summoner icons in the future and we wanted to give ourselves the flexibility to integrate meaningful borders into the actual icons in the future. Double borders don't look very good, whether it's between an outer and inner icon border or between the profile banner border and the icon border.
I still don't see why the summoner icon borders were taken away and replaced with a trophy icon. Yes, it's nice to have the big flashy borders in the loading screen, but the icon border allowed us to show our "trophy" to friends and opponents while also having a choice of summoner icon. It was my main motivation for trying to climb the ladder past bronze to silver in season 1, and it just seems wrong to reward your players for skill and dedication and then take it away. Anyone that bought RP for the Shadow Isles icons is now unable use it while also displaying their achievement in season 1 in any way since the season 2 banner border overrides season 1's also.
I know Riot is getting pretty big now, but don't forget about the players who have stayed with you and supported you to bring you to that point. I've been around since beta, and it's nice to be able to show off pride of having played since the beginnings. If I play Corki, I use the UFO skin just like if I had Bowser Rammus I would use that. If it's an issue of double border aesthetics, then why not make it toggleable and allow the player to decide whether or not it looks good?
Seasons after next, the only persistent display will be the increasingly crowded badges which can only be seen on the forums instead of in game in game lobbies and friend lists, and which are easier to get due to lower requirements for tiers and ranks. Enemy teams couldn't see icon borders, so they were just as safe as the loading borders. Right now I can use my season 1 icon and I still have my season 2 banner, but when season 3 ends I assume the banner and loading border will replace season 2s, and then no one will know anyone's rank for all 3 seasons unless they got at least gold in season 1 and platinum in season 2. Borders and badges feel special, but now I have 5 trophies with no trophy shelf, so I have to choose which one people can see.
The elo that got me silver in season 1 solo would have been gold if based on season 2 ranks. I wasn't planning to get a gold icon border after reaching gold in season 2 solo, but I wouldn't have guessed that it would disappear completely.

Macqus

11-15-2012

One of my team members got platinum badge and Victorious Janna for being in our team, but he didn't even played a single ranked game with us. How is that possible?

Orangatang

11-15-2012

Can we get icon borders back please? possibly? It was the reason I focused so much on getting plat.