Lyte Ribbon questions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blutarsky Blues

11-15-2012

This happened to me, my ribbon went from yellow leader to blue mentor. I have received multiple crest animations for the same ribbons several times. I sent a ticket in and was told it was a bug with no fix date yet set.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-15-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Crests are based on how consistently you get Honor and who you get them from. If you got a Crest before and lost it, you're pretty close to getting it again.

Honor is normalized to games played so if you take a few weeks off and come back you won't be super far away from unlocking the Crest again. If you go 1000 games without getting any Honor, then you probably have a long road ahead of you.

Jesodoth

11-15-2012

Thanks for the info Lyte, that helps me. Well, I have a goal now, and that is to retake my ribbon, and hold onto it.

I'm just wondering now, is there any way we can figure out how much average honor we would have to maintain to hold onto these ribbons? If you don't want people to know the math behind the ribbons, I'm ok with that.

edit:

So the sacrifice and blood worked. I knew it.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

A question Lyte, What is the yellow crest how do i get it? I mean i have it but i dont know how i get it.

swan2swan

11-15-2012

I'm in the same boat; I think I need more Helpful points, because I don't have the blue one, either, that I was awarded...but as much advice as I give, no one gives me the Helpful badge. I'm happy being friendly or taking good teamwork, but...once I've gone gold...green seems, well, less appealing. And it makes me sad.

Vocust

11-15-2012

Ive seen a hundred billion red crests, 1 green crest and thats it, i didnt even know their were other colors

Real Stronk

11-15-2012

@Lyte,

I feel like, the ribbon system discourages playing with friends somewhat. I get teamwork recommendations all the time, but they are from people I have added to my friend's list because I enjoy playing with them, which of course means that those team work commendations are worth less (note that is not worthless). This seems silly to me, I got those people as friends because they enjoyed playing with me and therefore want to play with me more. So by continuing to play with people I have played with in the past and enjoy playing with, I reduce my potential to advance in the ribbon system and be known as a team player.

Taikero

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Real McCoy View Post
@Lyte,

I feel like, the ribbon system discourages playing with friends somewhat. I get teamwork recommendations all the time, but they are from people I have added to my friend's list because I enjoy playing with them, which of course means that those team work commendations are worth less (note that is not worthless). This seems silly to me, I got those people as friends because they enjoyed playing with me and therefore want to play with me more. So by continuing to play with people I have played with in the past and enjoy playing with, I reduce my potential to advance in the ribbon system and be known as a team player.
The whole point of the system is how well you interact with those you aren't familiar with.

It's like an Atheist walking into a church full of Evangelicals. How well will the Atheist handle himself around this group of people? If well, he probably won't be tarred and feathered. If poorly, well....poor guy.

Same idea. The better you are able to conduct yourself around people you might not be a big fan of, and aren't just immediate pals with, the more valuable you are to the community as a whole.

Mr Ratz

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
The whole point of the system is how well you interact with those you aren't familiar with.

It's like an Atheist walking into a church full of Evangelicals. How well will the Atheist handle himself around this group of people? If well, he probably won't be tarred and feathered. If poorly, well....poor guy.

Same idea. The better you are able to conduct yourself around people you might not be a big fan of, and aren't just immediate pals with, the more valuable you are to the community as a whole.

I believe he was referring that if you have a network of friends with whom you play most of your games, you can't move up the ribbon latter. His concern is that to get other ribbons he needs to play with people that are not his friends. Its sad, but that's how the system work.

AlexDnD2

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Crests are based on how consistently you get Honor and who you get them from. If you got a Crest before and lost it, you're pretty close to getting it again.

Honor is normalized to games played so if you take a few weeks off and come back you won't be super far away from unlocking the Crest again. If you go 1000 games without getting any Honor, then you probably have a long road ahead of you.
Light can you give us some more info about the math behind it?