Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trinity R

11-14-2012

I really feel RIOT is now just producing things like this to tug on our heart strings.

By telling us more time went into this than the other skins and that justifies a larger price, is frankly absurd, I agree with the tremendous amount of comments that are all saying every skin should be looked after and treated the same.and made with the same grace.

With the exception of the legendary skins,

Now here is where they are attempting to take advantage of us, Skin sales are pure PROFIT, where as champions aren't there is a reason that some champs that are worth 3150 IP are still worth 975 RP because they want every DOLLAR off you.

Anything bought with IP is not a gain for them, this is why in the last few years the IP Gains have been reduced time and time again. and winning 64 IP for 30 minutes of your time is useless when you add it up they are nearly forcing you to pay for the things you want.

Kinda why RIOT has more money than god right now, Yahoo announced that they had made their frist MILLION $$$$ off of champ sales not that long ago, thats a million in RP worth sales, SO there is ALOT.

What my gripe with them is, the lack of free to play content that is constantly being updated, we have over 105 champs now and still only 10 free champs? this is a joke, there isnt even enough there for some diversity between teams IF they were only able to pick those, look at the fact we have 100+ why cant we have more like 14-16 Champs. your roster has increased, Give more back to the people. Game updates are mandatory give us something back for our dedication.

We need for free to player friendly stuff, More champs are just the start. You should of thought of something like when you did your 100TH champ giving us all IP or RP or a free champion or something. These are large milestones that your throwing previous PR (Press Relations) Away on,

You have the potential to be seen more than a money hungry hippo right now, and I am drifting more and more to Dota, Its owned by a larger company gets updates more than once a week, and everything about it is free and avaliable, and I am not stuck joining games with champs like

Katarina and Darius on the same team and have my whole team say "GG if they get fed"

Sorry this post went sort of off topic but I figure if it is here they will read it, They really do need to understand the issues we (The Community) are facing, they are just after our wallets and at a bare minimum giving us what we need.

Trin OUT.

Unknownx20

11-14-2012

bioforge draven

DiplomacyHero

11-14-2012

Riot, no just no. If u make a skin for Darius, make it good. I think u should make the Norse King Darius or just something. Here is the Norse King:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT0pRJBeCWo
and
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6E3O0CHUcQ

Just check these out and try to make it please. Also make a Void skin for Fizz.
- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2530163

These arent my ideas, but i think u should use them.
Be awesome if u did and u'd please alot more players than u would with Bioforge Darius.

Tatute

11-14-2012

Still waiting for a new skin for Zyra hate her fire skin. Make something like Swamp Zyra. I would of bought this skin if I didn't already have bittersweet lulu.

Lundivar

11-14-2012

Hardly ever log into these forums, but when I saw the price on the Lulu skin I just had to downvote it.

Hope this does not continue!

Shari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Too expensive. Nope.

BeastBox

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zataro8 View Post
my god this is almost unheard of! no champion since (and including) Varus has had a new skin since the other one that said character had besides there default. But riot is it really so hard to make another skin for varus, if it is a money issue stop making skins for champions that already have a wardrobe that is as extensive as a fashion models. if it's from a lack of ideas then make a skin that makes it look like the corruption has fully taken over, (just take the design from his waist down and bring it to his neck and make it look like he is staring into the void) or make him look like legolas from lord of the rings (just for the hell of it)
The new skins got leaked a while ago. 6 in total and Lulu and Darius were in there, so I assume the rest are legit. Varus is one of them.

So .... he's coming shortly.

Was looking forward to the Viktor one, but Riot has lost a lot of my good faith over DTL ...

Seikon

11-14-2012

Hm...
1.) Buy RP within this time frame for summoner icons. Spend more money, unlock more icons.
2.) Renting out content (wards).
3.) First 1350 RP skin (with more to come?).

Hey, I get it. Everything is optional and nothing is needed. But it seems like everything is starting to get more and more expensive. Every champion released is now 975 RP, regardless, along with their skins. What happened to the different RP prices of champions? What happened to the cheaper RP skins? Varus' skin is trash, along with Zyra's, and many more, but they're 975. Can Riot argue that they spent enough time to warrant the 975 RP? No, they cannot. The game's luxurious items are just getting more and more expensive now.

In same cases, good, you're putting more time into it. And yeah, sure, slap a higher price on them if you feel they warrant the price, but don't slap a 975 baseline price on everything you release and then up the anti when you truly do something special. 975 used to the something special and 520 was something mediocre. Now it's 975 mediocre and 1350 special?

And for the record, I'm not poor, or cheap. I probably spent more money on this game than 90% of the players on league. But I really don't like this trend that's starting to take root.

Anartia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I main support and Lulu is my go to. I was so excited about her skin, however I was thrown for a loop when I heard of the price from my team mate. I can't warrant paying 1350 for a skin with a dragon pet. The particles are pretty. Her hair is a recolor. I am not sure about her robe (can't get a good look at it on the pictures/video).

At the very least, her whimsy sound should have been changed. You're a dragon trainer and you turn someone into a dragon, but it sounds like a squirrel? The sound should have been changed to something more dragon-like so that it would go along with this skin you guys have designed and have played up so much.

I love Lulu. Her other skins I didn't like because their faces looked way too creepy. She's endearing in nature/character, yes. But, her face just doesn't match up well. Here there was a chance to fix that, but that wasn't done either.

If you remember the original Lux skin
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ji1cEU9wBW...Reimagined.jpg
you posted her and Riot I respected you guys SO MUCH for actually listening to us when she needed a new look before release. You need to tap into that part of yourselves again and either make some more enhancements on Lulu to make her worth your price, or drop her down and refund those who already bought her.

On another skin note, lately champions have been released with their original skin and then one other choice. What happened to the multiple skins on release?

And another thing! Why only one support champion a year?! With this meta we only get one new support a year?! (I say support according to their own category listings not the tanks/jungles/mids that COULD be played as supports).

Too much rant in one post I suppose.. this skin just brought a lot out I guess. Just fix Lulu or her price please. I appreciate the work, but Lulu herself doesn't reflect the price, and she's the endearing lovable whimsical character I fell in love with... not her pet butterfly.

Ash Khan Shuvo

11-15-2012

The pulsefire designers should create skin for darius !

I thought the skin was really cool and ended up buying it, but ingame it just feels I am playing as singed.