Fix Blackfire please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painkillar

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
I'm ready for whatever changes you can produce to make this map better. I plan on sticking with it through thick and thin. I'm in for the long haul. The reality of the situation is that there are a lot of individuals with the same resolve out there. You talk about digging deep and my response is to reach out to people. Do you want to discuss Dominion with me in a more private setting? I'd love to pick your brain; I'm readily available on the game. I'm ready to dig deep. Are you?
I concur with stacie and sauron, everyone in PECS (and i'm sure BPB and Point Defense) is also of this mindset. We are willing to help with whatever needs to be done. Just give the word and we'll help with whatever you need that will get dominion rolling faster. Konf will probably even lend his sexy russian accent for the war effort!

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-14-2012
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Sorry, I wasn't questioning your dedication to the map. It was more addressed to the Dominion community as a whole.

We're kind of in crunch mode for S3, so I don't want to focus too much on this thread anymore, as BFT is getting nerfed already (-5% CDR, -5 pen, -7 max charges, and possibly changes to burn application). But I do agree with you on promotional things--you have no idea how much I agree with you there. Yes, Dominion could use a lot more exposure, and much of the onus is on us (Riot) to give it that. We can talk more in-game.

DrytharStarthra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Before you go, I want to personally thank you for giving us some much needed attention and having a conversation with us. Lol your our chocolate....let me explain..

You don't give your kids candy all year, you don't think its good for them. No sweets of any kind. Then on Halloween you say.."You know what, go ahead, eat your chocolate" and of course the kids are overjoyed and there's an all out feeding frenzy.

ViolentlyCar

11-14-2012

I started playing Dominion in the beta and quickly got a pretty high Elo playing draft mode exclusively, peaking at 2271. While I enjoyed playing, I lost my patience in February and quit for about six months due to a lack of ranked play. There was simply no way for a player like me, who mostly soloed, to avoid playing against full premades of tournament players, who more or less farmed wins off a random group of mid-high rated players to gain 1 Elo. It felt like a total waste of time to spend 25 minutes in queue to get an eight minute stomp which can hardly be called a "game." It got to the point where people would friend these players to see if they were queuing, and would avoid queuing unless they were in a game. Of course, given how short their games were and how long queue times were, this often didn't help. A lot of people quit because of them, and I think that hurt Dominion in the long run.

Having said that, I don't begrudge them. It's not their fault. They were given the option to play this team game with the teammates of their choice, and they took it. Ultimately, it comes down to a lack of support from Riot. These players wanted a way to play competitively, but there was no way to do it. A lack of ranked play delegitimized Dominion from the very beginning, making it look casual. A lack of ranked play made it extra hard for players to find top players to emulate. A lack of ranked play forced the serious players and the laid back players into the same queue, ruining the quality of play. A lack of ranked play killed player retention.

How can the community to take us seriously when Riot doesn't outwardly take us seriously? We had footage in champion spotlights, but that was removed. We had balance changes at the beginning, but those were stopped. It took almost a year to get a reasonably basic bug fix to give draft mode a queue dodge penalty. We've never had ranked and we've been told we're not getting it. Of course the community doesn't take us seriously. It's cool that Riot's realized this and is finally supporting us, but it does nothing for the perception problem. Seeing a balance change in the patch notes isn't going to get SR players interested because they weren't paying enough attention to realize that we weren't getting any before. Riot posts in the Dominion forum don't mean anything to people who don't read it. Riot needs to make a STATEMENT. Incremental tweaks, while they may add up over time, do nothing to attract old players back. Only something like ranked will make that statement. It sends a message to everyone who doesn't play Dominion that we're a real game type with real depth and real players. Maybe it doesn't happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month, but it absolutely has to happen eventually, even if it means fragmenting an already small community. Until that happens, I don't see anything really changing.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So upgarding from haunting Guise will cause you to lose magic pen? That's a bad idea imo as losing stats for upgrading feels bad which is why no item does that except Bloodrazer (kinda) which is actually getting removed). Maybe if the pen is a bad you should remove Guise from the recipe.

naotasan

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Sorry, I wasn't questioning your dedication to the map. It was more addressed to the Dominion community as a whole.

We're kind of in crunch mode for S3, so I don't want to focus too much on this thread anymore, as BFT is getting nerfed already (-5% CDR, -5 pen, -7 max charges, and possibly changes to burn application). But I do agree with you on promotional things--you have no idea how much I agree with you there. Yes, Dominion could use a lot more exposure, and much of the onus is on us (Riot) to give it that. We can talk more in-game.
This is why I dubbed you the savior.
In Nome we trust.

FossaFerox

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post

Um... those proposed changes would mean the finished item gains 0% CDR and LOSES penetration compared to its components. That's awful. "Upgrades" should not be worse....

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-14-2012
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
So upgarding from haunting Guise will cause you to lose magic pen? That's a bad idea imo as losing stats for upgrading feels bad which is why no item does that except Bloodrazer (kinda) which is actually getting removed). Maybe if the pen is a bad you should remove Guise from the recipe.
Guise is getting "nerfed" for S3.

Orphane

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Guise is losing mpen as well. Flat penetration is getting nerfed across the board because of the way penetration will be calculated come season 3.

Cauldrath

11-14-2012

I'm not sure why CDR and magic pen were the things targeted, as those stats benefit further AP investment just as much as other sources of magic damage (although the pen does increase the value of stacking more pen, so this nerfs tri/quad pen builds). The major problems with it right now are that it is too good on champions who don't build a lot of AP and too good on DoTs, so changing the burn to only apply on a spell initially hitting and adding an AP ratio seem to be the logical choices.