Adobe Air Debug Launcher constant crashes

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

libom

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

same thing happened to me, how to solve it!!!!

HaiImLoki

11-14-2012

bump

HaiImLoki

11-14-2012

bump

Inhale

11-14-2012

Same problem here, ever since I installed Windows 8. Causes me to dodge queues all the time, really frustrating because I'm punished with huge queue times for adobe crashing.

Gaizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrew Gunman View Post
Same problem here, ever since I installed Windows 8. Causes me to dodge queues all the time, really frustrating because I'm punished with huge queue times for adobe crashing.
If you're playing with friends and you have your champion selected already you can leave the game running and the queue will still go through. So if it crashes just close it and don't open league yet until the loading starts. I have the same exact problem too

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-14-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Windows 8 isn't an area I have an lot of expertise, but I've forwarded this thread to someone who has more experience. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. In the meantime, posting your dxdiags, and r3dlogs will help us isolate the problem.

Gaizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
Windows 8 isn't an area I have an lot of expertise, but I've forwarded this thread to someone who has more experience. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. In the meantime, posting your dxdiags, and r3dlogs will help us isolate the problem.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4846489#4846489

Several months ago I posted crash dumps of the game from adobe air if they help any.

HaiImLoki

11-14-2012

Attached.

Expression

Serioc

11-14-2012

Download and install the latest version of Adobe Air at:
http://get.adobe.com/air/?promoid=BUIGQ

Get to your Desktop via the Desktop button on the Windows 8 Start page.

Click on the library quick launch button (This gives you the old Windows 7 explorer).
The install location for Adobe AIR is typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR"

What you want to do is copy the entire "Adobe AIR" folder from "Common Files" to
"C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.223\deploy"

You will probably want to rename your the existing "Adobe AIR" folder in the LoL client directory to something like "Adobe AIR Old" just in case you want to revert.

12345612 ... 34