Wu kong and how he trades

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalowx View Post
Here is a few combos you can use for trade, but you have figure when to use it on your own.

auto>q>chase>auto>E>auto>chase>auto max dmg from melee
auto>q>e>auto>w lower heath lost
E>auto>Q>chase/auto>W max dmg from range
E>auto>q>W Lower health lost
You can also mix in ult/ignite when you think you can kill.
thats really helpful ty. i know for a fact i have trouble knowing when to ult because i dont wanna end up dying before the 4 seconds of damage is over and sometimes i ult when i have my E buff up so im sure thats losing damage too. right now my rune setup for him is

AD quints, AD reds, Armour yellows, Mr/lvl blues. i know they say arpen is better damage but i like the ability ot last hit easier, but i could probably do his with maybe just ad reds, any other rune combos you guys use?

Veuillez

11-14-2012

Jax and xin are both very strong laners...TBH jax will kinda **** on you, hard to win that lane. If you can bait xin's Q with your clone you can win vs him.

QQ Bro

11-14-2012

wukong loses to alot of common tops in terms of trading. once the enemy gets ninja tabi his damage goes down significantly and hes hard to trade with.

little tip. unless your opponent is obviously bad at the champion they are playing, just farm and assist ganks. he scales well, so even playing passively is fine.

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veuillez View Post
Jax and xin are both very strong laners...TBH jax will kinda **** on you, hard to win that lane. If you can bait xin's Q with your clone you can win vs him.
see i figured that was part of it, but i wasnt sure since this has been one of my biggest weak points in my play, trading with bruisers. im way more used to mid mages where when you arent using abilities more often than not you are kiting or retreating. so when im solo topping as a bruiser the entire concept of "just stand there and keep beating on him" is so uncomfortable that i always sorta feel like i should back off after ive done a combo.

I've just barely recently gotten used to playing ranged ad champs as before as silly as it sounds just standing still and right clicking went ENTIRELY against my gaming style os i never really did much damage as i was too busy kiting and positioning lol. Ive gotten better with that but thats with ranged champs, melee is a whole other world for me lol.

RiotNova

Computer Systems Analyst

11-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

In general, Jax will win most trades once he hits level 6, especially in short burst skirmishes which is what Wukong does. I think your best bet is to try and farm under tower, push hard if Jax leaves lane then go gank mid with your ult. Wukong is made for teamfights, so you can try to take Teleport instead of Ignite.

iCruel Killer

11-14-2012

Wukong has trouble laning because of his lack of sustain. I know that since he used to be my champion to go. All i will really do is just try farm it up as much as possible and wait for ganks. At level 6 you can easily guarantee kills when coordinating with your jungler. From there you just snowball.

Wukong is also great because if you play him smart you wont really die. Teamfights are just amazing with him.

Fauchard

11-14-2012

What does everyone think about wukong mid?

Slide

11-14-2012

Jax is hard to beat as Wukong.

You need to bait counterstrike with decoy, which is rather hard. If Jax has good reflexes and counterstrikes while you nimbus, you will lose that trade. If you can succesfully bait counterstrike, you will win the trade because you have double steroid (armor shred + attack speed) while jax only has his passive which takes time to ramp up. Once jax is 6, you can no longer fight him. Its pure hit and run gorilla tactics. If you cant fool him with decoy or if he counters with vision, its over. Get your jungler or mid to gank or let him take tower and freeze lane at your second tower.

Xin is actually MUCH easier. Xins attack patern is very predictable(he dashes to you, then 3 talon with attack speed boost). Decoy part of it and you will win the trade.

That all being said, the EASIEST and MOST effective way to win top, is have your jungler gank them. Most top lane matchups (not all, but most) are close enough that having a little more jungle pressure then your enemy will win you the lane. Even if the ganks fail.

Dillybear

11-14-2012

wow this seriously has been so much help i really really appreciate it guys, i wish more times i asked questions i got some comprehensive and helpful responses!

The Young Hyorin

11-14-2012

Wukong is a weak laner and will lose most matchups but can snowball pretty hard if enemy makes a mistake or from a jungler gank.

He is picked for his teamfight ability so you are fine as long as you don't get completely denied in lane, you will still contribute more in teamfights for the most part.