My opinion of zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrisEarling

11-14-2012

Hey everyone. I got zed on his release. I just wanted to share my opinion without saying he is op/up and possible share some tips and etc with other people.

Overall i find him a lot of fun to play. At first i was upset because i thought he was a talon knock off. But once i got him i realized how much of a blast he is to play. He has amazing utility once you learn how to play him. He is one of those champions where its easy to be meh but hard to be good. Once you are good it pays off.

Pros: Amazing early game
Great utility
Nice move set. Sets him apart from most champions
Nice escape
Nice farm
Harrass

Cons: Falls off late game
Squishy
Hard to play
not always a good choice in game

I play zed as a mid, but i dont mind top either because i can normally take little damage jumping back and forth. I dont really like his jungle, but it works. I play him burst ad... I see to many atk speed fail :/ Ive tried many different builds and normally do best with 1 sustain item. But thats just my play style. His ult is very unreliable i think.. One time you will one shot a person but another person maybe youll do 1/3 of their health.

I think he is in a good position... But may need to be fixed up a little bit.

Kevin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

zed sux gota use d energy rune nw ggqq

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisEarling View Post
Hey everyone. I got zed on his release. I just wanted to share my opinion without saying he is op/up and possible share some tips and etc with other people.

Overall i find him a lot of fun to play. At first i was upset because i thought he was a talon knock off. But once i got him i realized how much of a blast he is to play. He has amazing utility once you learn how to play him. He is one of those champions where its easy to be meh but hard to be good. Once you are good it pays off.

Great utility
Nice escape
Nice farm
Harrass

Squishy
Hard to play

I play zed as a mid, but i dont mind top either because i can normally take little damage jumping back and forth. I dont really like his jungle, but it works. I play him burst ad... I see to many atk speed fail :/ Ive tried many different builds and normally do best with 1 sustain item. But thats just my play style. His ult is very unreliable i think.. One time you will one shot a person but another person maybe youll do 1/3 of their health.

What are the advantages of getting 5 boots of lucidity and 1 boots of speed on Zed?

Now that we've got that out of the way, this champ is very under powered. Low damage, no hard CC, runs out of energy fast, very squishy, very short range, very long cool downs.

Elodin

11-14-2012

Not sure how he "Falls off late game" in terms of damage, as his scaling is pretty good and he gains an extra 25% AD.

Unless you mean he can't get the chance to actually get on top of people.

asamu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisEarling View Post
Great utility
Nice escape
Nice farm
Harrass

Squishy
Hard to play

I disagree on his early game/late game.
His early game is rather mediocre, maybe a bit above average due to his Q harass, but not great, and his mid game is rather weak for an Assassin type character.
With the right build, his late game is absolutely amazing. You can nuke people down incredibly quickly, and he isn't squishy due to his ult making him invulnerable temporarily and his W giving him some extra mobility.
The one downside to his late game is the damage delay on his Ult, as most of the time you will kill them before it detonates... It is useful as an equalizer skill though, being able to finish someone off right after you die.
If you keep up in farm and get your items, he is incredibly strong.

Sheathix

11-14-2012

Zed is awesome.

Arrevax

11-14-2012

Early Game: High energy costs keep him from doing too well, and he needs his ult to do a complete combo
Utility: Yes, his W and R both do damage, chase, and escape.
Move set: While his Q is similar to Kennen's and his teleportation and great burst may remind some of LeBlanc (though his "full" burst is nigh-impossible to pull off, even on a single target), I agree. His shadow gameplay is fascinating.
Nice escape: It's a short range blink that is usually used offensively (to deploy a shadow). Good and bad.
Nice farm: I won't argue with that one, though using his abilities to farm makes him vulnerable.
Harass: Poke all day erryday.

I like using him in mid, too. His jungle ganks aren't that great and he's really squishy... His lack of health and health sustain make him weak-ish in top lane. Overall, he's decent once you get the hang of his skills and combos.

Darthnachox

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrevax View Post
Early Game: High energy costs keep him from doing too well, and he needs his ult to do a complete combo
Utility: Yes, his W and R both do damage, chase, and escape.
Move set: While his Q is similar to Kennen's and his teleportation and great burst may remind some of LeBlanc (though his "full" burst is nigh-impossible to pull off, even on a single target), I agree. His shadow gameplay is fascinating.
Nice escape: It's a short range blink that is usually used offensively (to deploy a shadow). Good and bad.
Nice farm: I won't argue with that one, though using his abilities to farm makes him vulnerable.
Harass: Poke all day erryday.

I like using him in mid, too. His jungle ganks aren't that great and he's really squishy... His lack of health and health sustain make him weak-ish in top lane. Overall, he's decent once you get the hang of his skills and combos.
His passive makes last hitting stupid easy I think was what he was trying to say.

The PKK Revenge

11-15-2012

Haven't played him yet and I'm probably not going to, right now at least. For a very simple reason. He's an assassin, season 3 is pretty much a buff to assassin's. How ever he is right now, I'm guessing will only be better once we get the new items. Hence why I'm holding off playing him. Plus I'm new so I'm saving up IP to get runes lol.

SweetLeaves

11-20-2012

I personally don't think that using his abilities to farm makes him vulnerable.
Unless your just being silly and throwing out all of them for a few creep while your overextended.
People forget to walk up to creeps and use their normal E, it does reduce the CD by one second for everything it hits. (=