Twisted Treeline Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halegorn

11-08-2012

The old TT had bruisers as the strongest champion picks and the goal of the change was to make other picks more viable. Well, bruisers still rule the map. I don't know what was really changed to make this less the case, but something else needs to be done. A team of bruisers on the map is just stupid op. And something completely different is how stupid it is to have a bush that close the bottom turrets. You can't chase any more around a turret because a bush is there to conceal them. I think it should be moved, or removed.

SaveTheMaids

11-09-2012

I wish more people would adopt your mindset about bruisers/tanks.

So tired of people locking in hard CC-less squishies every other game, making fights 2v3.

Locking in Caitlyn, in games where people run Singed, Jax, Olaf, Darius, etc... really?

At least Vayne scales hard into late game and has a knockback/potential stun.

scazzaf

11-09-2012

While bruisers are powerful, only a fool would pick a full team of them, darius and singed are exceptions though and should be banned every game. The new map doesn't necessarily make all champions viable, but it really did widen the pool of choices. For example lux/diana/orianna/zyra are all fantastic AP champions that were playable in the old map, but have been elevated to be even stronger in the new map. Don't just bandwagon with all the "omg I lost to a bruiser comp, bruisers op" people, try building counter strategies.

Aikimiller

11-09-2012

Don't trust what dominates blind pick solo queue as an effective "meta".

the 3 bruiser comp is strong because it's easy. It requires very little strategy, team synergy, or communication. Bruisers have the best base stats, and so they're a safe choice when you can't rely on your teammates to know how to use a computer, let alone understand complex strategy like "protect the carry".

Being successful as a carry on this map requires teammates who know their primary job is to keep you alive and support you, and not abandon you chasing low health targets in hopes of a kill. It requires you to pick a composition with synergy- your teammate grabs an AD carry, you grab Nunu and jungle him. You pick a team that can take advantage of aura items- Zeke's Herald for an auto-attack heavy team, WotA and Abyssal for an AP heavy team. And it requires you to talk about all of this before you even get into champion select- something you can't do in solo queue.

The current domination of "3 Bruiser" isn't a meta. It's what we have in the lack of an actual meta, that results from people thinking only of what they want to play on an individual level, rather than building a 3s team with a specific strategy in mind, and until Riot implements some of their balance changes to lessen bruiser dominance, beating a 3 bruiser comp requires either that level of strategy, or someone on the opposing team to AFK/feed.

TL: DR- go play ranked 3s, develop a new meta.

Kusari

11-09-2012

Developing new meta is fantastic in some cases because a team of unorganized members might not know what to do.

I've actually had many successful games on new 3's without a 3 bruiser setup. I play with certain people, and we know our part. Make sure your composition will work well together. Make sure you are communicating with your team. Establish focus, establish weak points. Feed on theirs, defend your own. Designate objectives. All key aspects in the game. It doesn't have to be 3 bruisers. That's just the easy way out.

Kalarepa

11-09-2012

I think, that the "TT bruiser meta" might eventually change by itself. Probably not many people remember, what meta SR had before the current one. It was also bruisers meta. Pick as many tanks as you can = win. Especially, when you could stack Sunfires. Bruiser teams don't require any tactic, teamwork, communication. Just charge at your enemies whenever you see them.
But with time, people realized, that farmed and well protected AD carry melts tanks, so they started the new meta. Pick 3 tanks/supports to protect your AD carry, plus AP carry to CC enemies or zone with heavy AoE/poke. The problem is, it took like 1-2 years for people to realize that. I think, Riot should speed up this process on TT

El Taquito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I think, that the "TT bruiser meta" might eventually change by itself. Probably not many people remember, what meta SR had before the current one. It was also bruisers meta. Pick as many tanks as you can = win. Especially, when you could stack Sunfires. Bruiser teams don't require any tactic, teamwork, communication. Just charge at your enemies whenever you see them.
But with time, people realized, that farmed and well protected AD carry melts tanks, so they started the new meta. Pick 3 tanks/supports to protect your AD carry, plus AP carry to CC enemies or zone with heavy AoE/poke. The problem is, it took like 1-2 years for people to realize that. I think, Riot should speed up this process on TT

how do you speed up the process of sheeple figuring stuff out? you're asking for riot to expedite people learning and developing ideas.

Shadow Blitzer

02-09-2013

In my opinion, a good mix of hard CC, tankiness and AoE damage would be a good strat, eg. Katarina(AoE Damage), Amumu(Tank AoE CC) and Riven(Tanky AoE CC Damage)

Atik L Yar

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Taquito View Post
how do you speed up the process of sheeple figuring stuff out? you're asking for riot to expedite people learning and developing ideas.
This, and riot themselves can't even predict the meta.

I doubt they designed SR with the current meta in mind.