Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranomaster View Post
Will it apply Zigg's Passive though? If it does, we may see a new kind of ziggs.
I'm pretty sure that it will and LichBane was already good on Ziggs. LichBane/Hurricane/Deathcap might be an interesting build for him.

Based Blackie

11-14-2012

cool

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Once again pure epicness. Incoming tons of questions (hopefully you can answer a few of them)!

What's the build path and does it build into anything further? Also what's the unique passive's name? :P

How does the item AI determine what targets to hit? Say you're Varus you hit one target and then shoot another do the extra shots try to hit the targets that already had blight applied? Also what of MF's impure shots if you switch targets, does the damage stack reset even if the side shots hit the previously hit targets (or say you were to start targeting one of the people being hit by the side shots)? Does it prioritize champions or just whoever is closest?

Can you give more examples on who this is good with? Teemo poison? Ashe slow? Tristana's explosive shot passive when a side shot does the killing blow? Draven axes? Any ranged characters that aren't ADC this item might be good with?

Confused with Graves interaction. Atm each AA reduces cooldown by just 1 second but you've implied the item reduces the cooldown by 6 seconds (3 hit x 2 secs).

With on-hit effects so Frozen Mallot will slow all 3 targets? Also wits-end and Blade of the Ruined King also do their full damage? Sheen as well? Do you see this as another item to help out on-hit builds?

Sounds like lifesteal procs off of this, is this also true? :O

TheyCallMeJang

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
AP Teemo can now has a 1.2 AP ratio on hit.
Ahh, yes a 1.2 AP ratio on just the base damage, but since Teemo has a .4 AP ratio on the flat damage, a .1 AP ratio on the 4 tick DoT (equalling .8 AP ratio), and both of these values multiplied by 3 it would actually be a total of 2.4 AP ratio on each of his auto attacks.

SOURCE: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Teemo

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
2 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Twisted Fate stuns 3 people. (he also applies stacked deck to all 3...but seriously, a 2 second AoE stun on a 6 second cd? [AND he gets 15% cdr free])
Pick a Card and Stacked Decked are not on-hit effects. They are next-attack modifiers and do not work with Hurricane.

A good rule of thumb is: 'If I have more attack speed, do I get to apply this effect more often?' If the answer is no, it doesn't work with Hurricane.

The key distinction is whether it affects only one autoattack or not - these secondary bolts are not considered part of that "spell." They only enhance what would enhance all of your basic attacks.

Quote:
Frost Shot
This works fine.

Quote:
How does this work with Ricochet?
Richochet is a next-attack modifier - and thus won't work with Hurricane.

Again, the attack speed test holds true - 'If I get more attack speed, will I get more procs?' If the answer is no, then Hurricane won't work with it.

Quote:
Would this apply Draven's passive if he is attacking with a spinning axe?
Nope. Spinning Axe is a next-hit modifier.

Quote:
Malady
Yes.

Quote:
Righteous Fury
Now that I think about it - this doesn't, mostly because Kayle is this instant autoattack thing that gets really desync'ed with actual Hurricane shots.

Quote:
o, uh, hypothetically speaking... can I get three power chords at once? ;D
Nope. Sona's Power Chord affects your next attack - but isn't an enchantment over all attacks.

Quote:
As you noted in your original post, Riot has apparently picked specific champion abilities that this item does not have an effect on. How is the user supposed to know that Vayne's silver bolts do not work, but Varus's blighted stacks do, without testing it themselves or referencing your original post?
Vayne is a very special case - as if Hurricane worked with Silver Bolts - Vayne would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever gain.

If it becomes a major problem we'll just have to be more careful on tooltips and labelling with Hurricane. It's a problem that's been solved before. Hurricane is essentially an 'On Attack, fires 3 bolts that apply all your On Striking' modifiers, in Diablo 2 parlance, so I know it's solveable.

Kyuubey

11-14-2012

How about Help Pix!

Foulco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

woot so maybe AS on-hit tf viable with godl card?? woa!

EDIT: nvm...

Tyranomaster

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
I'm pretty sure that it will and LichBane was already good on Ziggs. LichBane/Hurricane/Deathcap might be an interesting build for him.
The caster minions will all die!

iamtehLoLrus

11-14-2012

Xypherous names a thread "The Storm", makes almost 70 pages of people going crazy before he replies.

Also, Im having a hard time seeing how this isn't crazy OP on certain champs.Namely Kog.

Wtfmybffjill

11-14-2012

Does this work with kayle's e? If so... DAYUMMM